Fat Princess

By guitalex2008, in UFS Off Topic

...is awesome. Questions?

No questions, just awesome.

ive been considering getting this but i keep hearing that its laggy as hell online

It's not too terrible, until randomly you get thrown off because your connection can't get to the host. But the game is good even when the host goes away; it automatically looks for one of the players to be the host. The one huge laggy issue I have with the online is when the catapult won't work. You jump, jump, jump, jump, jump, jump, jump, jump (mind you, you only need to jump on it up to 4 times), jump, jump, jump and it doesn't charge, then it goes off but you didn't move at all... and that's when you just give up, grab your priest hat and start healing for no good reason lol

What I like about the game is that each class is excellent at SOMETHING. At first I liked being just a worker the whole game, upgrading the worker class to get bombs then staying a worker and throwing bombs, which is surprisingly effective. And since when you kill someone with a bomb, they fall into pieces, is awesome.

But now in maps like Deep Fried I stay on the big mining area getting resources the whole game. May not be fun for many but seeing how your team will NEVER be short on resources (wood and metal, BTW), and you're not exactly defenseless once your class is upgraded (throwing BOMBS = hell yeah), your team will have the advantage, you rack up the points quicker than most classes and if your team wins, you become the grim reaper until the next game starts (high score), or if your team loses and you're still the highest score, you become a giant, murderous chicken. Which is STILL AWESOME.

I'm starting to dig mage as soon as everything's upgraded and we have enough wood to repair things over some time. The mage has fire magic, which when charged up (takes about a second) sets the enemy on fire and they lose more life from the burn. Even warriors die from two fully-charged fire attacks, and if you don't target anyone you form a pretty hefty circle around you which can net you the same attack to everyone inside the circle that is at the same height you are. Basically these are the boss of protecting the princess and the outposts (so as to help the workers, you know, not be killed). The upgraded mage (BTW, upgrading takes 3 wood and 3 metal) can switch between fire magic and ice magic, which when charged up freezes the opponent in place and renders them unable to do anything. Plus if anyone shoots big bombs at your crowd, a quick area ice magic will turn the fuse off making the bomb harmless, which makes them awesome for protecting the castle walls and any bomb-able weak spots. Awesome.

And the end credits consist of you as a grim reaper in the colliseum, killing things to the tune of... Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot. Which is also awesome. There is ONE part of the song that is edited, but it WORKS for the game (basically the part he says "My homeboys tried to warn me, but that butt you got makes..." then you hear the princess saying "Me-me-me me so hungry!" which is also pretty awesome).

Like I said, the game is definitely worth the $14.99 price tag. And well, is awesome.

WORKING CLASS FTW