NEW chronicles of the gatekeeper adventure

By kinnison, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

It is an adventure, there shouldn't be any new playable races included.

It says there is a new one in the article.

Edited by Gigerstreak

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/4/10/chronicles-of-the-gatekeeper/

looking forward to this.

two biggest questions are:

what is the new playable species

where does it take place?

It clearly states otherwise in the product description. I'm quite curious what it might be as well.

As for where it takes place, it sounds like it will take place across quite a few locations: ' Chronicles of the Gatekeeper launches players on an interstellar quest' sounds pretty far reaching.

Okay, FFG. Just take my wallet.

It sounds intriguing.

Really though.. I'd love to see more information about the Beginner Game.. when it might actually ship out for example. :) But still, this adventure sounds like it will be amazingly fun to tackle.

I'm also really intrigued by "plenty of support for navigating the characters’ growing ability to foresee future events and the future actions of NPCs." Seeing how the game designers themselves suggest adjuicating the more narrative-based Force Powers (Sense, Foresee, Seek) will be interesting.

I guess the place where the site is flooded is Glee Anselm, the homeplanet of the Nautolan species.

Why? There's a picture in the article where a Zabrak Jedi is next to two dead/unconscious Nautolans in a derelict place, with a sea monster above and water coming in.

Just a guess, still, but with strong evidence...

I agree Glee Anselm is probably the planet. Another one seems to be Jabiim, perhaps, as Clone Wars battlefield. But I'm really fascinated by the "Chapter I" picture, which seems to show someplace similar to Kashyykk! As for the species, I have no idea.

Huh. I did miss that in my first read through. It must be the serf race they were talking about.

I'm really, really excited for this :)

I loved the other adventures so I'm definitely picking this up!

I can already tell I'll buy anything with the black marble covers. I'm a sucker for the Force.

It says there is a new one in the article.

Come on Ewoks!

I don't think they are already, but judging by the cover, we might have Feeorin's as a playable race.

Sorry im wrong, bad resolution on my pc. It's a Nautolan. When blue they can look alike though. But,I wouldn't mind if FFG states up Feeorin's though.

Did I see a mention of droidekas? I think I did!

I'll be curious to see their take on them. If they are Rivals and the shields are just defense dice, I'll continue with my own.

I'll be curious to see their take on them. If they are Rivals and the shields are just defense dice, I'll continue with my own.

I'm not sure I've seen what you've cooked up, mind sharing?

I'll have to find my notes, haven't needed one for the current campaign and the old is packed away, but basically they were Nemeses with a rank in Adversary, and something like Agility 4 with Ranged Heavy 2 (Linked), a Slow movement rule, and required either a vehicular weapon or a personal weapon with the Breach quality to get past the shields. In TCW the characters always have to find a unique way around them, nobody faces them head on, which is their main plot purpose.

If the announcement page is any indication, the artwork will of course be glorious! I love the one of the rusting walker and the force-user trying to hold the ceiling up while a menacing sea creature nears....

I really want that top gun on the wrecked walker to keep working... The locals could use it for defense or something.

If the announcement page is any indication, the artwork will of course be glorious! I love the one of the rusting walker and the force-user trying to hold the ceiling up while a menacing sea creature nears....

Same can be said for every book for this system, be it EotE, AoR, or FaD.

Zoe Robinson does some **** fine work in getting great artists to produce some great art for these books. Quite a welcome change from the "hit or miss" approach that WotC took with their books.

Zoe Robinson does some **** fine work in getting great artists to produce some great art for these books. Quite a welcome change from the "hit or miss" approach that WotC took with their books.

Hear, hear!

Really liking this 'new playable species in the module' business. The more all-around useful goodies they offer in an adventure, the harder it is to resist...