DragMal!

By Trothael, in Rules Discussions

I just realised that I've never seen this question posed before. This got me thinkin' for me new Dark deck. I probably shouldn't be asking rules based questions any more but this one had me mighty confused.

You have 2 DragMals in your hand, 4 jank cards and a LVL4 Friend on the field. You can discard cards to lower DragMal's level, aye? If I discard 4 cards from my hand that means my DragMal is now LVL5 and playable, but does this discard of the jank cards affect just the one DragMal, or both of 'em?

My honest answer would be that it only works for one because you are discarding to lower that card's level.

Roxas said:

My honest answer would be that it only works for one because you are discarding to lower that card's level.

The thing is...it doesn't say that =/ It's not specific enough.

now this is interesting because you cant exactly show your hand to your opponent and say im doing it for this dragon mal. but think of it this way if you got one drag mal out its a lvl9 again right? well then you can just play the other one cuz you already got a lvl9 out now so even if it didnt work for both there effects you can still get both drag mals out that turn so maybe its kind of an irrelevant question

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

now this is interesting because you cant exactly show your hand to your opponent and say im doing it for this dragon mal. but think of it this way if you got one drag mal out its a lvl9 again right? well then you can just play the other one cuz you already got a lvl9 out now so even if it didnt work for both there effects you can still get both drag mals out that turn so maybe its kind of an irrelevant question

Hmm...this is very true, for a Dark Deck it is kind of irrelevant...however...

It doesn't solve the problem for, say, someone wanting to drop them on an opponent's world.

My vote, based on how it's worded...would have me believe that you activate PER Dragon Mal...the way the card text keeps saying " This Card", would indicate to me that you have to specify.

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

It doesn't solve the problem for, say, someone wanting to drop them on an opponent's world.

My vote, based on how it's worded...would have me believe that you activate PER Dragon Mal...the way the card text keeps saying " This Card", would indicate to me that you have to specify.

i have to agree with dawn on this but it is a great thought

WayToTheDawn said:

I myself don't think it works, but it depends what a person defines as "this card". If it means "the card named Dragon Maleficent" then it would work. If it means "this specific Dragon Maleficent" then it doesn't.

I think most people would believe the latter, but you never know. I've seen some really wierd interpretations of rulings and card effects come from this game.

devilmonkey said:

WayToTheDawn said:

I myself don't think it works, but it depends what a person defines as "this card". If it means "the card named Dragon Maleficent" then it would work. If it means "this specific Dragon Maleficent" then it doesn't.

I think most people would believe the latter, but you never know. I've seen some really wierd interpretations of rulings and card effects come from this game.

Such as Axel's text reading Fire effect, which obviously means it only affects Fire, not Fira or Firaga ¬_¬

Trothael said:

devilmonkey said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Such as Axel's text reading Fire effect, which obviously means it only affects Fire, not Fira or Firaga ¬_¬

Obviously . I mean just look at Wonderland lvl2. works the exact same way.

I'm tellin ya, these people don't seem to know the difference betweenan " A " and an " E "

I think its only one cause its when your playing it and when you play cards you are technically playing one card at a time and not at the exact same time. Unless I am wrong and when playing Dark Cards they actually are played at exactly the same time and then I would say that yes it would work as so.

So if we ignore the fact that no part of this question is relevant since you can just play the second one due to now having a level 9 friend (level reduction only being while the card is played), it clearly says this card, not any card named dragon maleficent

Highjack said:

So if we ignore the fact that no part of this question is relevant since you can just play the second one due to now having a level 9 friend (level reduction only being while the card is played), it clearly says this card, not any card named dragon maleficent

I cleared that up around post number 3 I believe...what we are discussing now is how it would work if your placing it on a world. Ya gotta read what the other posts say before answering a question sometimes, cause I said this exact same thing a few posts back.

Long story short...I agree with you...lol

heh, well the same thing applie for placing it on a world (minus the being able to play the second one due to friend rules)

I would agree that it only affects one at a time, though I don't know why you would play her on a world if you were running a dark deck.

drop it on a world as a last ditch effort to stop a world racer possibly. either Way its just hard to specify when both effects say this card and like i said before you cant show your hand and say this is just for this one dragon mal.