signal jam and no more CC's in reinforcements

By Darkflame2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

so if you dont have anny Cc's in reinforcements you cant be targeted for signal jam or diplomacy ??

what the **** is up with that

As much as I love TI, this is Descent ;)

Wrong forum, but you have to take CC from your race sheet

Shakkar said:

Wrong forum, but you have to take CC from your race sheet

This is true in regards to Diplomacy (it says so on the tile, I believe), but not Signal Jamming. The FAQ says:

(1.2) Q: If a player has all 16 Command Counters in use on
the board or on his Race Sheet, can any effects or actions that
require additional Command Counters for that player take
place or be resolved?
A: No.

Yay! A universe crossover. I love my Twilight.... just don't get to play it very much :(

the case where there is no CC's available will hurt the player as well unless he has managed it just so. It can be abuse a little to prevent diplomacy but if its a big issue you can house rule that Signal Jam and Diplomacy can use a proxy CC.

What happens when they OL plays... on the wormhole B exit?

He can spawn Destroyers and Crusers at Copperlevel, Dreanoughts at Silver and Warsuns at Gold.

I remember last Winter StabCon, going streight from a game of TI to a game of Descent. Lots of fun.

Twilight Imperium gives me brain-freeze. Affter we spent 7 hours over an 8-player game and just started round 3, I called it quits and drove home.

7 hours for 3 rounds? wow...

There must be more to that story like lots of distractions or everyone new to the game or just some really slow players.

Our first game, when we had no clue what we where doing, Turn one took four hours for six players. Turn two took a little over an hour. Turn three was only 45 minutes.

My "game length formula":

1-3 hours + 30 mins * number of players + 30 mins * number of newbie players

So, a three-player game with players who know the rulers is 2.5-4.5 hours.

Six experienced players is 5-6 hours

eight newbires is 9-12 hours (ouch!)

Based on my experience, that formula is surprisingly accurate.

Joram said:

Based on my experience, that formula is surprisingly accurate.

*bows*