Detached

By dragoku, in UFS Rules Q & A

ok so i'm getting rusty and i'm trying to remember if when a card says to commit a foundation, if you can commit any foundation anywhere, as in your opponents staging area, unless it is a cost. To give some sense to that Detached's R: reads:

R Commit: After you take damage from an unblocked attack, commit 1 foundation and discard one of your opponent's momentum.

now my question is can i commit an opponents foundation? It doesn't say "any foundation" or "your opponent's foundation" like it does when you normally can.

i would say since it does not read:

"R: Commit, commit 1 foundation: After you take damage from an unblocked attack, discard one of your opponent's momentum"

that the answer would be yes, ANY foundation is a legal target as the commiting of a foundation is not a cost. I believe this was stamped back on the old board i'll go dig up the link in a minute.

N.J.

Yup, since it's part of the effect you can commit one of your opponent's foundations.

It seems strange that some of the text on these cards can be somewhat inconsistent. I think rulings like this would be made a whole lot easier if they changed all of the printing of cards like Detached that say "Commit 1 Foundation" to something akin to Ken;s Shoryuken, where it says "Commit any 2 foundations". That way, the 'any' would imply that you could commit your opponents foundations instead of just your own. Just a thought ;) .