Very interestin...

By Choitz, in Letter of Marque

I can certainly tell that this'll prolly be one of the games that I'm goin to want to ****** up rather quickly. By the basis of it, it sounds similar to another game that I've played before, 'n yet, in the same sentence, it sounds like they've revamp'd the entire thing altogether.

Either or, I'm goin to want to check this game out when I see it come around. I'll have to bookmark this page, certainly.

Now, the querry would be to find out if other people would want to play the game as well. That's the kicker. Here's to tryin, certainly!

This does sound interesting. I have been trying to find some FFG games that my wife would play with me. Out of all the ones i have she still plays but doesn't really enjoy because of all the rules (Arkham Horror, Tannhauser, Etc..) This one looks really fun and she seems pretty interested as well. Im def. keeping my eyes open for it.

If it is as fun as Citadels this will see a lot of play time at our table. Everyone from my 5 yro to vetren games enjoy Citadels. And what game isn't better with Pirates?

A game about ninjas.

Anyway, I like the idea of bluffing your cargo but I think they mentioned you have 5 ships, so are we going to be able to sink them? Or is the rule of war going to play a big part in that? If it means diplomacy and backstabbing I'm really hoping for being able to declare war.

CSpuppydog said:

This does sound interesting. I have been trying to find some FFG games that my wife would play with me. Out of all the ones i have she still plays but doesn't really enjoy because of all the rules (Arkham Horror, Tannhauser, Etc..) This one looks really fun and she seems pretty interested as well. Im def. keeping my eyes open for it.

Not just with your wife - it's 3 players minimum, and in fact much better with 4 or 5. On the other hand, yes, it's simple and fun.

Gatha said:

A game about ninjas.

Anyway, I like the idea of bluffing your cargo but I think they mentioned you have 5 ships, so are we going to be able to sink them? Or is the rule of war going to play a big part in that? If it means diplomacy and backstabbing I'm really hoping for being able to declare war.

Yes, you can sink opponents' ships, but only after stealing their cargo. No real diplomacy, though - it's very basic. And more frontstabbing, if you can say this, than backstabbing.

Unless you play it in such a way that you can backstab other people.. I'm still interest'd in seein where this could go.

bolog said:

If it is as fun as Citadels this will see a lot of play time at our table. Everyone from my 5 yro to vetren games enjoy Citadels. And what game isn't better with Pirates?

I love Pirates!!! I'll buy just about any game with pirates. I also love Faidutti. Citadels is a wonderful game but it can run really long. I read somewhere (possibly on Faidutti's site) that "Letter of Marque" is a 20 minute game. Sounds like a really fun filler game that can be played between longer games. I'll be addidng it to my collection.

Looks great. Can't wait to grab it. I'm a fan of Faidutti's games, and this one seems like a nice and easy bluffing game perfect for my extended family and as a game session closer!

Cheers,

Giles.

Assuming it arrives on time I should be picking this one up tomorrow. Excited . . . . I need more quick play games for my collection.

Biggest hit with my wife and family is FFG's "Through the Desert" silver line game (In fact its one of a very few games they BEG to play). I'm hoping this could be another and also add in as a filler game amongst gamers as well. Just picked it up.