Replacement Figs your Problem

By Old Dwarf, in Middle-earth Quest

Have you noticed the announcement at the top of this Forum concerning replacing broken figs?

Instead of the usual great customer service FFG seems to be throwing the responsibility back on its customers to contact the store where we purchased the game & then wait 6 weeks!!!!!

What happened to Customer Service ???????

OD

This might actually be the quickest/easiest way for the figures to be replaced. The figures have to be refired, and hopefully coolstuffinc will be hip enough to track sales and email customers (but I emailed 'em just in case...)

Plus the announcement says to contact your retailer where you purchased it, so that is exactly what I did; let's wait and see what happens before complaining about poor customer service!...

Well IMO its still poor treatment of customers to make us contact a 3rd party to get replacements.

I did contact CoolStuff & they responded by adding my name to the list for when the replacements are received,So hopefully others needing replacements will be as lucky with their place of purchase.

OD

True, Plus CSI told me they were going to email everyone who had purchased the game through them. Not the smoothest way to handle it, but hopefully it will all work out well...

I purchased my copy from FFG directly at GenCon - so I would imagine they will still have to send me out the replacement figs. I have not heard back from their CS team yet though as they work through the post GenCon backlog. I had 4 broke and a few others looked like they would break eventually.

Was anyone else's map boards damaged in shipping? The left map board for my copy looks like it was dropped, as the upper right hand corner is crumpled.

Hate to say this but I agree - I did receive anm e-mail from customer services to say they wioll mail me a figure (not a replacement, just obne that was missing entirely from the box!) - then I read the announcement. Not a good move, spoils an otherwise great reputation. The shop I bought mine at said they were waiting to hear from FFG - left arm and right arm incomprehension here I think!!

Busted components do indeed suck. I think the problem is that we've all been spoiled by FFG's customer service in the past. In some of the instances, I have had to contact for replacements because of problems with the components. Other times it was because I had lost or damaged them myself. In all cases, a replacement was sent out promptly.

Because FFG is doing something a bit different is no cause for alarm, and especially no justification for the bashing. If anything, it comes off like a spoiled child. If you have difficulty receiving your figures from the store where you purchased the game once the replacements start rolling out, then you have grounds for complaints. Until then though, take a deep breath and enjoy the game.