Feed my unhealthy addiction!

By Locque, in Rogue Trader

Hodgepodge said:

Also, everyone knows that space pirates fight pistol in one hand, power cutlass in the other!

Assuming they don't stick the pistol onto the sword (chimera pistol sword, inq handbook page 162). Some real life gunswords also have calendars on them for reasons unknown.

Is there anywhere I can find a description of what each class can do ?

Hodgepodge said:

Since we've heard about some of the snazzy new ranged stuff, any cool melee weapons?

Although it sounds like RT is more about ranged weapons. That makes a certain amount of sense, in that your crew wants to be able to aim ship batteries well. On the other hand, the IH for DH makes shipboard combat sound very melee oriented. Also, everyone knows that space pirates fight pistol in one hand, power cutlass in the other!

Harlequin's Kisses are in there. Also, there is a "Fractal Blade" which is a power sword that can make baby power swords. A new pattern of regular Power Sword, and power fists and power axes.....

Lots of good melee stuff/

Ooh, I was hoping to see Fractal Blades show up (they're derived from Necron technology). And a Harlequin's Kiss is certainly good times indeed.

Are digi-weapons and executioner shells in? Also is there a possibility of using some alternative origins (I´m especialy thinking about Battlefleet Calixis and Hive Volg) listed in Inquisitor´s Handbook with RT Origin Path?

Hodgepodge said:

Ooh, I was hoping to see Fractal Blades show up (they're derived from Necron technology). And a Harlequin's Kiss is certainly good times indeed.

Necron tech? Really? That puts a terrifying spin on how they are presented.

In response to the other post, digi weapons yes, executioner shells, no.

Yeah. Or, at least, the only Fractal weapon I've heard of is the C'Tan Phase Blade, which is used by certain Assassin temples and is made of the same living metal that the Necron themselves are.

Fractal blade != necron tech

The fractal blades grow on some planet that a rogue trading is hiding to maintain his monopoly. The phase swords/living metal are c'tan tech/chunks ' deceased star gods (c'tan). If you've read the Ultramarine books, Pasanius has a prosthetic arm made from some living metal.

By all accounts, the fractal blades are naturally occuring "organic" crystal (and if they don't contain carbon, we'll call them "living"), while the necron tech/living metal is Necrontyr technology.