Are the minis easy to take apart?

By TotalitarianXII, in Mutant Chronicles

Hi folks, I'm interested in getting some of these minis to convert for Inquisitor. I am wondering how "one piece" are they? I am particularly interested in the Venusian Command and the Order of the Bear. Are these one piece models that will require lots of cutting and filing to convert? Or do they have glued on arms, heads or other pieces that I can just pull off? With the Order of the Bear models, is the left arm that is crossing the chest separate from the chest, or is the left arm and chest a continuous sculpt that will require filing the arm off to adapt the position? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think with repainting these models will be great. I love the pose of the Order of the Bear dudes and the Venusian Command as is, but I don't want them all to have a uniform pose.

They are great for inquisitor. Most of the arm joints easily disconnect. The figures themselves are a hard rubber type stuff and easily filed down to fit items for conversions. the only bad thing about the models in the most of the IG like models in the capitol line are running and one leg is elevated. This makes the model lean or bend to one side so I drilled a hole up into the model and placed a small hobby rod from Gale force nine or even a straightened paper clip on one model. But if you want some kick but IG models to build up a quick force for you Inquisitor to boss around these are great. In theory they can serve double duty and just leave them on their bases and use them for both Inquisitor and MC. Let me know if you want me post some pics of my conversion and Whips and I will see if I can figure it out again. I have some earlier posts under Inquisitor Liss that show some conversions which a friend posted for me.

cool.gif Happy gaming

Liss

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm gonna get me more than a few then. If you have time to dig up some pics, that would be cool, but there's no hurry. I don't think I'll play the MC game, I'll try the minis out with Inquisitor, but I'm actually thinkin' I'll try some sort of home brew to take advantage of being able to get so many of these MC minis.

My group plays MC because it is a solid system but we love Inquisitor and DH more. We have enough models we use the 54mm in our DH campaigns. I will attempt to post some pics in a few days. Since the miniature market had their sale and I got enough to field armies of IG. We are planning a mutant revolution scenerio using the necromutants and capitol figures with key Inquisitor models. It is going to take place in an industrial area, which I am currently builiding.

Good luck with the conversions. Post the pics and be sure to let me know because I am glad I found another MC and Inquisitor fan. Keep you eyes peeled for the pic post either here or I may start a new thread

Liss

See new post for pics. I included shots of Inquisitor models in some of the shots too for size comparison for you.