So where does any of this fit into the KH mythos?

By Fizgot, in Traverse Town

Does the card game have a story arch that it's set in? or Is it just the 'chain of memories' card stuff?

I haven't gotten around to playing KH2 yet because chain of memories fits between and I'm doing that first.

The card game isn't canonical at all. It's just a card game.

Right now the cards are from KH1, KH COM and KH2. Combat works sort of like Chain of Memories.

Knuckles Eki said:

Right now the cards are from KH1, KH COM and KH2. Combat works sort of like Chain of Memories.

Didn't they skip CoM?

Trothael said:

Knuckles Eki said:

Didn't they skip CoM?

Sort of?

cards like Creeper Plant for example, appeared in CoM before KH 2....so you could consider the Creeper Plant we got as a CoM Dark card as it's not in what I refer to as "The Kingdom Hearts 2 Card Template"

WayToTheDawn said:

Sort of?

cards like Creeper Plant for example, appeared in CoM before KH 2....so you could consider the Creeper Plant we got as a CoM Dark card as it's not in what I refer to as "The Kingdom Hearts 2 Card Template"

no, we didn't get any CoM cards. The few cards we did get that seemingly appeared in CoM (Creeper Plant, Alt. Soldier, Gigant Shadow) were actualy from KH Final Mix. I guess, for some strange reason, the Japanese company only got the rights to make cards of the playstation console games (not including Re:CoM)

I knew about the Gigant Shadow being a KH Final Mix exclusive thing, but I was unaware that Darks like Creeper Plant and whatnot made an appearance as well...

Yup, Neo Shadows too. Sadly we didn't get the Diamond Dust or One Winged Angel (secret keyblades for FM)