You all need to stop assuming things

By Fairbanks, in Rules Discussions

I'm going to be off the boards for a while thanks to school, and the bile has been building up. All of you are assuming things that have absolutely no basis. Samurai's POW being halved for Roxas as a friend (should either be 0 if it doesn't count or 12). Form discards. Form cards not being player cards, despite the rulebook saying they are.

Basically, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be questions on here that go to 2 pages asking "when can I discard a form card" when, right there in the rulebook, it says "you may discard a form card at ANY time." You guys all need to read cards and the rulebook before making assumptions and arguing over them.

And the answer, when someone asks "why can I do that, but not this" is because the rulebook says so. The rules don't say "you may use Beast at any time," we had a ruling, he can only be used on your turn. Form cards are specifically allowed to be discarded at any time via a rulebook effect.

I know it's hard,but I'm asking you to actually look at, read, and figure things out for yourselves instead of coming on here, saying "it should be this way, why isn't it," and having not read the rulebook (form cards, CowG+Cerberus) or the entire card (Diz).

the rule book is broken...everyone agrees with that because it doesn't completely explain things that well...that's why we discuss in this "Rules Discussions" forum...that's also why I say screw the book and let the FFG actually do their work and make another official rulebook ONLINE, visible in this forum so that everyone can see instead of makin us "modify" the rules. Then it would much be more clearer...but they don't do that. So quit blaming people on asking stupid or "what if's" questions since the root cause of all this is ones who translated the cards. Blame them...plus this is suppose to be a trading card game where everyone has fun...where did that feeling go?

...but then again their rulings were a bit off the meter, it's like they have never played the game before so they don't completely understand the functions that the cards might be able to partake in, and thus put the makin rules type of deals on people who do. Then this also creates a rift between the community and debates emerge to see which would be which and all that other stuff...I WANT JAP RULEBOOK!!ROFLS! I bet you that the japanese people who made this knew exactly on how their effects should go @_@;;.

someone needs to calm down making a big deal outta nothing right here man no matter how much you push the rulebook its as poorly written as the cards in the first place second your gonna get new players on here all the time asking dumb questions so why bother it never ends we have a nice comprehensive rules guide but still people ask about dark riku and dark/friends you gotta let this one go man you can't stop it

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

someone needs to calm down making a big deal outta nothing right here man no matter how much you push the rulebook its as poorly written as the cards in the first place second your gonna get new players on here all the time asking dumb questions so why bother it never ends we have a nice comprehensive rules guide but still people ask about dark riku and dark/friends you gotta let this one go man you can't stop it

For once, you right.

I understand where your coming from Fairbanks I really do...this sort of thing is what originally made me avoid these forums and is probably going to make me avoid them again. The problem is, bitching about it isn't going to stop these people from doing it...they don't know how to search for questions before asking them, the argue about it when you give them an answer, so on and so forth. I blame the poor layout of these forums and lack of Mod support...we can't sticky the rules threads, we can't make announcement posts telling people to search for answers first...this crap has just been building up ever since the forums moved. I'm sick of it too, but ranting will only make YOU feel better...hence my post elsewhere...ya know...at that one place...

your good at callin the mods though Mr.Dawn why can't you get them here when they are actually needed. People are stupid fairbanks you can't stop that from happening

hey, no need to get your panties in a knot over this one man.

This does not bother me one bit, the reason is that alot of the question are brought up because the rules as they are written are either unclear or dumb and need to be changed for the sake of fun/balance. Or it's new people asking dumb questions.... but you know what, that makes me so happy and I'm soo glad to answer them since it means more people are playing this game!!!!!

Here here to people asking questions!!!

although I will say it would be awesome if we could sticky the comprehensive ruleings because that would clear a bunch up!!!

I agree. I'll ask a stupid question just because I AM STUPID:

Am I stupid?

and that should end which question is stupidest of all.

Togashi you are so right. Read the rulebook before you post, it's not that hard.

It doesn't matter if the rulebook is poorly written, it's still the rulebook and what it says in the rulebook is the way it works, unless errata'd by Rob, Jaffer, or the four mods from The Heart Forums (Dawn, Sora, Truffles, and gopho), such as with the world icon.

i find it funny that one of the mods also doesnt like the rulebook so sadly im going to have to side with that MOD( you win this time Mr.Dawn) The KH Rulebook is like the bible to some of you people no matter how stupid and unbelieveable it is you follow it blindly if something doesnt make sense it don't make sense whether its on paper or not people

i find it funny that one of the mods also doesnt like the rulebook so sadly im going to have to side with that MOD( you win this time Mr.Dawn) The KH Rulebook is like the bible to some of you people no matter how stupid and unbelieveable it is you follow it blindly if something doesnt make sense it don't make sense whether its on paper or not people

What the bloody hell are you talking about. Not one of use said we liked the rulebook. We're saying very simply that despite how it's written those are still the rules of the game and that they do answer some of the questions. Maybe they needed to be asked, but still they were answered there.

Roxas said:

What the bloody hell are you talking about. Not one of use said we liked the rulebook. We're saying very simply that despite how it's written those are still the rules of the game and that they do answer some of the questions. Maybe they needed to be asked, but still they were answered there.

and that is why I suggested the FFG make a new one ONLINE...or at least try to along with all the modifications the Mods did since it makes sense and all. The rulebook is scrap and it does answer some questions but none of the less, the more complicated answers were not answered and that's what we need the ruling for. I don't care if the rules turn out to be not in our favor or whatever(since I've realized there were few people who tried to make it their favor by trying to convince to change it a certain way, etc.), as long as how the card was written is kept, along with making the rules based on what they've wrote then I'm fine with it being re-edited by the FFG. The only way to mainly fix this is for the FFG to solve this problem out themselves, not the people who's playing it...it's what they've caused and it's their duty to fix it...but obviously it's highly possible that it aint gonna be happenin...but hey, in my opinion, they shoulda gotten the jap rulebook for the guidelines, not tryin to translate jap into english just by their own translators. ehhh....I'm tired of typing...*leaves.

Roxas said:

where the bloody hell did you learn typing with a british accent was pleasent?

Roxas said:

where the bloody hell did you learn typing with a british accent was pleasent?

Saying 'bloody hell' doesn't make it a British accent.

"Cost keck a bow aggen a woe an y'ed it till thee bost it?" is more British than saying Bloody Hell ¬_¬

well heres a little austrailian for ya, Who in Crikey **** trys to get their point across typing in half assed British accents, eh mate? see how i coulda just typed the same thing with less effeort? Tone it down boys your not impressing anybody.

And throthrael reading that it sounds more like a scottish accent, maybe an irish brood not british though

We've gone from people not reading rulebooks to Australian accents.

God I love these boards. Or maybe I hate them. I haven't decided.

well heres a little austrailian for ya, Who in Crikey **** trys to get their point across typing in half assed British accents, eh mate? see how i coulda just typed the same thing with less effeort? Tone it down boys your not impressing anybody.

And throthrael reading that it sounds more like a scottish accent, maybe an irish brood not british though

Bloody hell isn't that uncommon in the Eastern part of America, so I am in fact not using an accent, if you want I can though. If your going to turn this into a flame war, you better do better than that piss poor attempt because you look like an idiot. There is no need to tone anything down, I was setting the record straight after you put words in Yagami's Fairbanks' and my own mouths that we did not say.

Quote From Anarchy In The Galaxy"
"i find it funny that one of the mods also doesnt like the rulebook so sadly im going to have to side with that MOD( you win this time Mr.Dawn) The KH Rulebook is like the bible to some of you people no matter how stupid and unbelieveable it is you follow it blindly if something doesnt make sense it don't make sense whether its on paper or not people"

Now I'm fairly sure that none of us said that we a) liked the rulebook or b) follow it "blindly". However it is the rulebook, hence the fact that it has the game mechnics, which you must find stupid as well since...*gasp* it's on pages 19-34. The blasphemy of a how the game work.

Sluppie said:

We've gone from people not reading rulebooks to Australian accents.

God I love these boards. Or maybe I hate them. I haven't decided.

The boards are great. It's particular users that cause the hatred. *Cough*

Anarchy - Grow up or get out. You really have no idea what you're doing at all. And it's Stokie, not Scottish/Irish.

Roxas - Aye!

grow up or get out im older then you pal. plus i aint going anywhere till they tell me i have no choice, if my days are numbered then so be im just gonna sit back and wait, see ya around friends. Plus i said it sounded scottish and irish i didnt say it was frankly when you try to right it it looks like a kid with downs syndrome is saying something

Thanks Truffles.

Anarchy, do you even know what your talking about? You might be older, but it seems you can't read or just can't accept another view, so for the sake of keeping what little respect I have for you, I'd suggest you stop talking, you're making yourself look arrogant, not respectable.

grow up or get out im older then you pal. plus i aint going anywhere till they tell me i have no choice, if my days are numbered then so be im just gonna sit back and wait, see ya around friends. Plus i said it sounded scottish and irish i didnt say it was frankly when you try to right it it looks like a kid with downs syndrome is saying something

You're older than me? Seriously? That'd be a laugh if I believed it for a second. You might have managed to troll one thread in your life, but that does not make you a professional troll.

Also: I only said it was Stokie. Don't get yez panties in a bunch. And as a Stokie, I'm well proud of our dialect since it's the closest to Anglo-Saxon out of all the English dialects :P

...pretty heated moment right up in here, I guess it was a good thing I left before it started?(I don't think it would change anything even if I was in it XD)! O_O;;

aww, but sungtrs ! arguments like these keep the boards interesting for the older crowd. half wish I cudda been here at the start so I could have me a piece. but alas, we're just bystanders...

devilmonkey said:

aww, but sungtrs ! arguments like these keep the boards interesting for the older crowd. half wish I cudda been here at the start so I could have me a piece. but alas, we're just bystanders...

This was nothing compared to what was going on in the Gummi Garage...I was the bigger man and stepped away from all that though.

Didn't stop people from tearing me apart however... -_-

I appreciate greatly the support I got from Roxas, Sora_Yagami, Fairbanks (a little)...and Sluppie especially.

thats not me who said these things go to my trade thread i explained everything please make yur futher judgements off that before anymore bashing of me