Archived Tourney report: Green bay Game On event! 2008

By TummyEden, in UFS Tourney Reports

Well, here is my mini report.

Well on friday night Nick called me and asked if I was going with him to Green bay or not. Of course I said yes. I wait for him to pick me up by watching some good ol' South park. He gets to my house and we leave. We head out to kryptonite (Ufs store) to grab my James Hata deck that I accidentally left there the night before; they were closed >< So I was short 4 SoC's and a few other things. Sad panda. So we venture to Madison and seem to get lost 3 or 4 times and drive past a few dead deer. We finally reach Dani's house at like 12 pm. Stefan is all hyped up about his promo Yoshimitsu build so I play 2 games with him; I didn't see a vast resources both games (my kill card) and gladly scoop after he says he responds with yoshi's R. We finally leave Dani's house at about 1:30 pm and make a few stops before we hit Trips-EX's house. When we get there we hear sirens and gun shots. Oh boy. So turns out there was some homicidal stuff a few houses down, sweet. So at that time I am confident I am running Cody 3 for the event in Green bay. I'm holding a play set of cody 3's and manifest destiny in my hand; next thing I know I'm on the floor sleeping. So I wake up to Nick kicking me in the head when he wakes up. i realize I never finished Cody 3. Looks like I'm short a deck. Than I go through my back pack and pull out a deck box and see my awesome Chester. "Well dude, looks like im running Chester today". So we get ready and make some sweet side board tech and start our voyage to Green bay after picking up a few people. We make it to Gnome games and fill out deck lists and such. Than I hear Jeff telling everyone who there facing.

Game 1 vs Ryu from Domination
Ok so lets just put it this way. Turn 1 he spits out 2 blood runs true and an addes. My turn 1 I play out my whole hand. He turn 2s me with a ryu's shoryuken extra and a fully multiplies Seichu. Game 2 Goes a bit different, I get my Vast resources-Tsuji Goe lock out early and take game 2. Game 3 is the same thing. "I form with Chester to put 29 cards from my hand to my discards pile; top 29 from your deck to your momentum, than I play Hesitation for the win. Nice job dude.

Game 2 vs Maxi
Game 1 goes fairly quickly, vast resources-tsuji lock.
Game 2 I made a fatal mistake, I wasn't paying attention to my game and was listening to Nick talk about Garrison. I saw vast resources x3 and realize theres only 3 cards left in my deck, I FORGOT TO FORM WITH CHESTER. F***. Game 3 I get turn 3d by some maxi attacks that were getting like +5 damage each and were unblockable. Well, you win some and lose some.

GAME 3 vs Promo Adon

Ok Game I set up with dragonfly, vast resources and a few other things. He lays down a few foundations and says pass. The game pretty much stays the same thanks to dragonfly/Happy Holidays every turn. Comes to me and I say vast resources like a million times, than Tsuji Goe. I formed with Chester to end the game. Game 2 goes VERY long and I pull out the win with about .14 seconds left. Sweet.

Game 4 vs Stefan Piloting Promo Yoshimitsu
I pretty much say I play vast resources and fail the check -.- He Responds with Yoshi and says I respond with Yoshi's R. I scoop, Stefan goes and does some math and says even if I lose 0-2 against him I'll still make it to Top 8. So I end my game. Stefan's deck was a beast.

After that we look at Top 8 and I'm still in =] We decide we are going to subway and have an awesome time there...and almost got the cops called on us. I wont go into detail about that. I had to bribe Jack with a foil way of the mightiest to let me sit in front this time ^^

We get back to Gnome games and wait for our next matches. Jeff says I play against the maxi deck...again. UGH. This time it went a little different. He says I use maxi E to make your Block modifier get +3, I say "I use lure the enemy three times and have him mill the top 36 cards of his deck. AWESOME. Game 2 he gets me with a 19 damage unblockable attack. Game 3 I set up my vast resources lock very early and RickRoll him.

Cool I am in top 4 (Please Jeff, I don't want to go against Stefan again)
I get paired against Nick, and Jack gets paired against Stefan.

Now this was by far my favorite match of the night. Nick has been a friend for a while now and I have NEVER played against him. I keep on telling him Chester cant stand up against his Mitsurugi5 and that he's gonna roll me. Game 1 I set up very early and Somehow get Nick?!?!?!?!? Cool. Game 2 he gets me with a shoryuken extra, and ken's shoryuken with some pumps. Game 3 I get out my lock and I know that I have him. He has something like 20 cards left in deck with none in discard pile. I say draw 3 with vast resources and he says "HEH, IM GONNA HAVE TO PLAY SOME PULL OF THE TIDES". Omg Nick. Sad panda. I had him. He rolls me next turn. Nice job dude, your Rugi deck is insane. "Same to you man, I can never talk crap about your Chester deck again, that thing is sick and you only 1 turn to completely explode on me". Heh thanks man. You better beat Jack and get 1st. He gets turn 2d both games, LOL @ NICK. So there was the event. A top 4 finish and some uber awesome prizes (greeds influence, Giradots, and some sweet promos that arnt even released yet, uhm AWESOME). All in all it was an amazing event. We all do some trades and say our goodbyes and leave for Milwaukee. I dont end up getting home until about 3:30 pm....
Nick, Jack, this event was seriously amazing, I'm glad I was able to hang out with you guys. We should defiantly be on teams at Origins because Fusang wont be able to make due to his sisters other wedding. You guys are awsome.

Now SLOPS AND PROPS =]

Props
~Jeff for hosting the awesome event
~Awesome raffle prizes
~The Phil Collins music at Subway
~Chester for turn 2ing that Adon (lure the enemy <3)
~Meeting Jack and his awesomeness
~Being on Ceaser Chavez ave 4 times in one day

Slops
~Garrison for dropping out
~Sitting in the car for 8 hours
~hearing about Nicks (backdoor) adventures
~Pull of the tides
~the little kid with the addiction