A word of thanks to Ross Watson

By Uziel2, in Rogue Trader

I just wanted to post publicly thanking Ross Watson for an excellent seminar at Gen Con on Rogue Trader. He showed a true passion for 40k and an appreciation of what was great about the games that sprung from it. I can't wait to get all the details of the starship combat system that he and the team have hammered out for Rogue Trader after hearing that he was a devoted Battlefleet Gothic fan. I can't name another rpg I've ever wanted more than this one and I have to say that after attending the seminar, I am completely confident that the line is in good hands!

I'll join you in thanks IF someone at FFG took the request from us non-american players to heart and recorded the seminars and intend to upload the clips on the site for the rest of us to watch...

Hear, Hear! Three cheers for Ross Watson.

Varnias Tybalt said:

I'll join you in thanks IF someone at FFG took the request from us non-american players to heart and recorded the seminars and intend to upload the clips on the site for the rest of us to watch...

I'll say thanks for the seminar anyway, but I really do hope it's uploaded so international gamers (for example, myself) acutally get an opportunity to hear them! :)

I'll second the thanks and also request the clips. Or perhapse a summery of the seminar.

Actually, it would be kind of nice if non-Americans were taken into account full stop you know ...

I second the thanks and the request

Tullio said:

Actually, it would be kind of nice if non-Americans were taken into account full stop you know ...

Same. Not all of us can get to Gencon, given the big lake of water in the way...

Please, FFG, say you have it recorded for us?

The seminar was great, but what everyone can be grateful for, GenCon or no, is his dedication to the quality of the product and its truth to the 40k universe. I applaud Mr. Watson for his dedication in making this work!

Also, for any involvement he may have had with the Ork Freeboota illustration.

I too would like to thank Ross Watson for the seminar I attended, it was very informative and you answered all of the questions I had and I cant wait to see whats in store for future Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy products.

Keep up the good work!

Guys, I feel your frustration with not being able to attend the seminar (I wasn't able to attend the Dark Heresy one as I was only at Gen Con for one afternoon/evening). Ross was a very enthusiastic and engaging host.

But... there wasn't much said that hasn't either been in a designer diary, or isn't now semi-public knowledge through the copies that were sold at gen con. It was only an hour long, and there were no in depth revelations on new mechanics.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post them in the thread asking for reports from those of us who have the book. I'm sure if the requests are not too tedious or numerous, we'd be happy to answer.

Agreed with all the above. The enthusiasm shown by Ross during the seminars and even while demo'ing other games for people was great. This isn't just a project for him to work on, it is a game he loves right along with the rest of us.

Also, to any of the other FFG people working GenCon... a heart-felt thanks for making the experience the best Con. etc. I have ever attended. I demo'ed about 4 games in the Exibit Hall with 4 different people who were all helpful and excited about their products. My small group was the last out of the open board game demo hall on Wed night (playing Descent for the first time) and the 2 guys from FFG never even coughed after a whole hour of overtime went by.

A thanks goes out to all who make our fantasy worlds come alive, from creation to demonstration.

-Cynr

MILLANDSON said:

Tullio said:

Same. Not all of us can get to Gencon, given the big lake of water in the way...

Agreed. Especially as GenCon UK isn't happening this year because the company that normally runs it can't afford it...

I am going to try my utmost to be polite and constructive, and hope it does not errupt. Perhaps a thread thanking someone for their dedication to the fans is not the most appropriate place to voice the unfortunate nature of being on a different continent from the manufacturers of a game that you love?

I can assure you that the frustrations which accompany that is something that those of us lucky enough to be on the same continent with FFG now are all familiar with when it comes to GW intellectual property, and even when it comes to 40K Roleplay.

I understand that I am speaking from the greener side of the fence on this particular issue, but from where I stand it seems like there is more information than ever before made available to everyone across the globe these days, in forms like podcasts, web chats (thank you Dark Reign), and designer diaries. For all of which I would like to re-iterate the title of this thread, "Thank you Ross Watson."

Again, I am sure that those of us fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to make gen con this year feel your pain and will try to ease it as we can by sharing information on RT until the book is more widely available.

And that's really all I have to say on that. I will be in the retail version report thread, doing my best to be helpful.

You do realize how big America is, right? If there were a bridge over the Atlantic, you'd still be closer to GenCon than I am....