Kirgas and Boggs that Rat ~ A Crazy Combination

By grnlntrn84, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

So my players in RTL have Kirgas as a character and they have obtained Boggs the rat. This is making it pretty hard to find places to spawn in the smaller dungeons. My strategy is to spawn as much as I can before they are in position and then switch to traps. Can anyone else out there give some tips on how to work around this.

In the smaller dungeons, Kirga becomes super powerful. That ability was already one of the best in vanilla, and it only got better.

Other than nerfing the cards somehow, or razing the town that has Boggs early on, I don't know that there is much that you can do. Buying trap treachery would probably be more cost effective than any of the others (unless you are playing one of the 20-2 Trap Avatars).

I think throwing down Gust of Wind could give you a single turn of deployment that could be used to devastating advantage.

I was going to suggest Gust of wind as well....if i understand the card properlly, they can only have LoS for 6 spaces....meaning.....why hello bane spiders with webbing and poison spawning 6 spaces away and able to move 5 spaces for maximum death and carnage, its nice to see you.

grnlntrn84 said:

So my players in RTL have Kirgas as a character and they have obtained Boggs the rat. This is making it pretty hard to find places to spawn in the smaller dungeons. My strategy is to spawn as much as I can before they are in position and then switch to traps. Can anyone else out there give some tips on how to work around this.

my advice is to ignore spawning entirely. I mean come on, those two plus the usual LOS rules will make it not worht your while unless you draw powerful spawns in the first two turns AND can keep the rat back long enough to fire it off.

Gust of Wind is a good counter, but there are better cards (NOT SPAWNS) that could be played.

Again, go with the traps

Also, if you use the "falling block" trap at the right point, you can then spawn behind the block(s) the following turn.