... and that was disaster

By guest482406, in Middle-earth Quest

Hi all

I just got my MEQ through one of polish internet shop. Few seconds ago I opened my game and that was disaster.

Five figures was not complete; hands, swords and axe broken from the main figure are falling from the plastic bag.

FGG - why game so expensive can be such failure in term of plastic figures? After all this is obvious that such thin elements will broken easly.

Why ohh why? :( (((

What about other boxes of MEQ - someone had such disappoinment game opening?

FFG will usually replace damaged components at no charge. Contact them directly.

It's not their fault if damage occurs during transportation or shipping. FFG is not a shipping company after all. Replacement of damaged components is really the best possible service you can ask for.

Thanks a lot :) ...

It most certainly is their fault. The miniatures could have been packed differently to prevent damage. I'll never understand consumers that don't hold the producer of a product responsible for their mistakes.

That said, FFG is usually good about replacement parts, so kudos to them for that.

FFG has notoriously bad inserts. I really wish they would focus on sturdier inserts which would actually be useful for storing the game...

It would probably cost them more time and money to package them in such a way that the miniatures were less likely to be damage, considering the chance of damage is already relatively small to begin with. There would still be some they have to replace even if they provided better packaging.

As I understand it, the shipment of MEQ was rattled more than a usual amount during transportation. FFG could not have possibly predicted that, and even if they did, better packaging probably would have made only a minor difference in the amount of damages that occurred.

I think this whole issue is being wildly exaggerated. A few people end up with damaged bits and they start crying foul before FFG even has a chance to make it right.

Crying? If I pay big money for one game I expect better product, not half figures destroyed. Thats all.

Yeah, I'm with Aba on that one. Everyone I've talked to that has purchased the game has the same issue, and I see it prevalent on forums as well. Its not just anecdotal. Hopefully when I contact FFG I'll get some relacement minis.

I must be one of the fortunate ones: not one figure broken. But that said, I have had broken figures in FFG games before. Their replacement policy is one of the best in the industry, if not the best, and if you let Thaadd know at customer service, you will get replacements as quickly as they can get them and send them, which is usually within 48 hours--or if replacements are delayed, you will get a letter explaining exactly when you will get them. In the meantime, the figures can be glued back together--a pain, I know, but it will hold in the interim.

My copy had a few of the miniatures broke and the left half of the game board looks like it was dropped on its' edge. It's annoying for sure but I am not worried about getting them replaced as FFG has been excellent in the past with shipping out new parts.

I want to second (or third, or forth, etc.) that FFG has absolutely outstanding customer service. They've replaced a couple of the large figures in WoW: the board game and Descent that were damaged or mal-formed for me as well as missing cards, no questions asked (except for mailing address, of course). Replacement parts have always arrived within a few days (less than a week).

Also, none of my figures were broken. Normally, people don't get on message boards when they get a game to notify everyone that their pieces were intact. It seems to me that this game is no different from other FFG games ... only a few (albeit unlucky) customers with broken figs.