Escaping fire at the end of the game

By Brazlowsky2, in Red November

The game is drawing near the end, and confusing situation occured. The room with a non-fainted gnome was set on fire, ant there was actually this gnome turn. All he could do is a) fight fire or b) escape the room. He decided to fight fire. All that he got left was 9 minutes. He placed white ghost marker on 60th green "Rescued" cell and rolled the dice. He rolled 10 ! That means, you failed to extinguish fire and mus escape the burning room.....but you can't ! No time left to move ghost marker down the timeline. Does that mean, the gnome is dead ?

he started and ended his turn in a room that was on fire. Sounds like a roasted gnome to me.

We played it like the gnome died too, but is it really like that ?

I would have thought he survives since he is at the end of the time track. Even though he didn't put out the fire he still survived the event; he spends the last few minutes trying to put out the fire just as the rescuers arrive (so long as the other gnomes don't trash the sub while catching up on the time line).

"The game is won if all Time Keepers of surviving gnomes reach the “Rescued!” space at the end of the Time Track, and all events have been resolved without causing the game to be lost."

Brazlowsky said:

The game is drawing near the end, and confusing situation occured. The room with a non-fainted gnome was set on fire, ant there was actually this gnome turn. All he could do is a) fight fire or b) escape the room. He decided to fight fire. All that he got left was 9 minutes. He placed white ghost marker on 60th green "Rescued" cell and rolled the dice. He rolled 10 ! That means, you failed to extinguish fire and mus escape the burning room.....but you can't ! No time left to move ghost marker down the timeline. Does that mean, the gnome is dead ?

I thought that the choice is only 'Fight the Fire', if you fail then you leave the room (if possible).

Winter324 said:

Brazlowsky said:

I thought that the choice is only 'Fight the Fire', if you fail then you leave the room (if possible).

Exactly ! And leaving room is not possible in this scenario ! I definitenly smell a dead ( or burned ) gnome here...