Android Game Board and Box Size?

By Rabiddwarf, in Android

I know this game is not out yet, but I fully plan to get this game as soon as my local game store has it.

I am trying to find a storage device that can easily transport this game, and to do so I would need a few questions answered.

So if any FFG employees are able to assist me I would be most appreciative. I need to know the dimensions of the folded board, as well as the dimensions of the game box.

From the pictures, and the fact that Android has a 6-fold board just like Arkham Horror, I am guessing the gamebox and board are of similar dimensons as those of Arkham Horror. But do not want to purchase a case on that assumption. I could wait for release, but I'm not exactly a patient person :)

Thanks

Rabid Dwarf

I am not FFG but their games are remarkably consistent in their packaging. The box is square and would be the same size as all their other square boxes, Arkham included. The board appears to be the standard 22 in x 34 in size and in order for it to fit in the 12 x 12 box would need to be folded the same as the Arkham board. Whatever you use to store the board will need to be a sliver bigger because of the glued-on conspiracy start tile.

For storage, I am looking to keep the orginal box (since I can rarely find a better box that works for the board) and ditching the plastic insert. I'll probably get 2 Plano card holders that can hold up to 6 decks (1 for each investigator plus 1 for all teh miscellaneous cards), and then a Plano bin that holds the tokens. Detective, tip, suspect, murder, and time sheets along with the rulebook and vehicle rules will have to float in the box. At least thatis my initial plan until I see the game!

Got a link for those holders?

Mike said:

Got a link for those holders?

www.planomolding.com

These should be in most major retail stores but they have been hard to find of late. I order them direct from the company, which if you buy a bunch, actually seems cheaper than in the stores. You have to buy a box of 6. But I have found plenty of uses for them and bought like 8 cases a while ago. Here's a pic:

pic314379_lg.jpg

Plano stuff is excellent and I second its recommendation.

I have not had any problems finding it, but if others are and don't want to wait/pay for shipping then check out your local bait/sporting goods store. Tackle box inserts work nicely for tokens and markers. They also can be a little thinner than the retail store Plano stuff if you have that spatial concern. Hardware stores also stock bins for nails, bolts, etc. that can be adjusted to hold all kinds of things.

The only think I am having a hard time finding is the Card holders. Typical Plano stuff can be found everywhere - Wal-mart, Meijer, Target, Cabella's, ****'s. At places like Meijer, there are some int eh hardware section along with the Fishing section.

The 5303's are hard to come by at times. I only ever saw one (how I learned about them) in a Meijer store in the toy department. Even when I called Plano directly, they were out with no plans to make more in the upcoming months. When they finally made more, me and a buddy pretty much took their entire stock.

Most collector/memorabilia shops have card holders of various kinds. My brother has a bunch for his sports cards. Besides the wide bins you can also find single stack cases that can be nice for fitting in boxes with other components.

As for card holders, you might check into printing your own tuckboxes. There are great ones at the Geek website.

flinxrap said:

As for card holders, you might check into printing your own tuckboxes. There are great ones at the Geek website.

Might I suggest this one as a starting point:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/38065

gran_risa.gif