Yet Another Threat (YAT)

By Artaxerxes2, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

This forum is filling with ever more crap isnt it?

Yes.

(**** of gtfo)

:P

Well if this game ever comes out (they did lie about one game already) that will change. Right now all we are left to do is speculate, express our hopes, disappointments, fears, fustrations and work through our grief at loss of support for the 2nd edition. Since all they have told us so far is it ia new and shiny that is all we can do, once there are people playing the game more meaty threads will appear and all this will be burried on the first pages of the forum.

You are right...

To be honest.. my first reaction was horror...

But on learning more, my horrow has been replaced with interest.

However, I am not yet sold ont he concept... it seems along way from what I was hoping for (OK, I was hoping for more books for 2nd Ed)

But this might work, it might work really well.... it might not be up my street, in which case I will stick with 2nd Ed and use fan made and Home Brew stuff.

But it may be worth a look at. Until I can actually see how it works, and what you get, and whatnot, I wont berate the game.

RebelDave said:

But this might work, it might work really well.... it might not be up my street, in which case I will stick with 2nd Ed and use fan made and Home Brew stuff.

But it may be worth a look at. Until I can actually see how it works, and what you get, and whatnot, I wont berate the game.

Likewise... I cant afford it and I doubt I'll buy it but I'm not going to waste time fuming about it. From what I can tell its not my cup of tea, thats fine and I'll leave well enough alone, but enough with the screaming... the screaming... *twitches*

i think things will start to quiet down now. The angry fans have expressed their rage and over the next few days they will most likely either leave the forum or calm down enough to take a second look at WFRPv3. Personally I am trying to keep an open mind, but I feel many questions need answering.

I'm now approaching this with an open mind. At first, I was shocked. Now, however, I am very interested.

I got into Warhammer 1st ed in the late eighties because my brother collected minatures. I loved the setting and the comparative simplicity of the system (D100 is the only way to go). As a result I started to read fantasy and developed my own understanding of how things should work - after many years, systems and games.

A fellow GM and myself were just about ready to start putting pen to paper when the 2nd edition was released - we both pre-ordered it. Low and behold it contained a good 75% of our combined discussions on how rules and a "world" should work. We lapped it up - put our pens down and were content - enough of our wish list was included to allow our ideas to repose themselves.

So now the 3rd edition. I would hope that the setting is as sound and integral as before. From the slight information that we are getting it appears to contain some of the concepts that we were thinking of for our "perfect system" (that elusive beast) ARE included.

As I love the system and game above all other "pretenders" and "cousins looking to seize the throne" I will withold judgement until I can see a proper review. All that said .... if it looks half way decent I will probably get it and argue with my wife about it later.

There is no point in ranting and raving about injustices done to us, and certainly no need for character assassination, on the forums. I think we all secretly have hope about the new product, but are all "quite put out" (use the appropriate adult language here) about the new direction that this has taken. I believe that we could all draw something from the new system, but hey I am an optimist and have bought lottery tickets weekly for years and won 0.0001% of my investment.