rotation now straight after worlds

By Tuesday2, in UFS Uk Forum

for those who don't like the general discussion forum the news from worlds is that the block we are in now will rotate straight after this weekend. ok so steve whats gunna happen to uk nats?? are we gunna change format

p.s well done to joe i hear he made top 8 woot go uk

This sort of thing can only come down to a vote really. I'm of mixed view, i would definately like to see what the top UK tournament it like in effectively mini block format, as it gives us an inside look into the future of tournamennts. It should also mean that the final is not a game that lasts 90 minutes to a 1-1 draw between two extremely well built (and imo boring) control decks. But on the other hand, means that a lot of what we have been playing for recently useless, and for people who have spent a long time developing their control deck of slow death, it makes their toils effectively useless. The timing is what is most annoying, as there will be lots of people who argue that they cannot get all the cards they want before the nationals, with enough time to playtest their deck, and this will be true in many cases (and probably my own lol). So i might as well start the vote. I would like the nationals to be held under block 4 format, simply because i believe it will be more fun.

I don't think that it is fair to have rotation straight after Worlds, There are a few players that havent really bought much of the latest sets either they didnt want to or they couldnt afford to buy pack after pack.

Although it is a good idea to have rotation soon but not straight away, after the UK Nationals would be fine..

Also if the rotation did go ahead then it would change alot of people decks they might have already decided on who to run and are currently testing different ideas out for there deck and now with the sudden rotation, there decks will have to be changed completely..

With tekken coming out soon there will be a MAD rush for the power cards for the decks they have chosen, and then it leads to the point I made earlier people won't be able to afford to buy pack after pack, or spend alot of money on cards from the internet..

I think the rotation is a good idea but not straight after Worlds, after the UK nationals I am ok with..

i have to admit i am a little annoyed now calmed down alot since last night but i recon i could manage after uk nats (as long as i win lol will need a huge bust to my card collect to be able to survive it) but all i can say now is bring on promo yun seong dont care what he does i just want that drive to make my faviourite character from the game work (even though i felt dirty and bored when i made seong mina when she came out.

After a discussion amongst the management commitee for the UFS UK Nationals it has been decided that despite the recent announcement at GenCon the event will remain a BLOCK 3 event.

The UK National thread will be posted this weekend, honestly, and I will put all of the details in that.

Steve H actually mentions the UK Nationals in his discussion, that's been helpfully posted in it's entirety on the GD boards (gotta love YouTube) He says that the UK Nats is the exception to the new rotation, and should still be played under Block 3 formatting.

Kev

what he says is we can do it whatever block we want

Well there are my plans for UFS revolution out the window. So disappointed lol.

<<There should be a quote here from Tuesday, but it seems to have disappeared, hum...>>

Yep, having rewatched the video, and spoken to Ross, that is indeed what he says. My "Horvath-Filter" hasn't been used much recently lengua.gif

As Steve G said yesterday though, the "management" have discussed the matter and made the decision he said yesterday - it's far too close to the event to allow something so massive to happen before the Nationals - a few banned cards maybe, around 700 cards, including alot of characters - not so much. So we'll run the UK Nats in Block 3 format, as a swansong for the short-lived format.

Kev B

i for one am very glad its still block 3

Amen to that

Have you got a link to the youtube video?

babelfish666 said:

Have you got a link to the youtube video?

It's linked in the main GD forum, called "Video of the Announcement"

Yeah found that just after it posted. Just sorted out all my block 4 cards, and have just realised i have no idea how to build a deck with them and make it good, im hoping Tekken and Soul Cal 4 (no.2) are kick ass so we can get some real variety about decks again.

took me and theo 5 mins or less to sort out are b4. case of o look 2 small boxes of block 4 right all these huges ones tip out into a box to but in a dark corner never to be seen again lol.

Reminds me of when UFS first came out, so few tournament-legal cards :)

Kev