What would YOU like to see reprinted?

By B-Rad1234, in UFS General Discussion

So while a lot of us have come to the conclusion that Block 3 sucks (and there are definatly folks who think the contrary) I'd like to propose this little question to the Oofs community:

What cards would YOU like to see reprinted (in either it's origional form or a slightly less powerfull one: Lost Memories/Instant Success or Impetuous/Superiority) and why do you think they would be needed in the current boringness of the game?

Mine would be the following (in no particular order):

Contemplation: A powerful card it is true, but one that punished folks for NOT running attacks. That card alone almost defined a meta for awhile, forcing heavy control and mill decks to run cards such as Demon Hunting and Solider of Sparta just for the fact that they were attacks. In a 4-8 attack heavy meta, this could definatly raise some eyebrowls.

Lost Memories: Ok we get it, the card was powerful as all hell. But with the advent of Blinding Rage, Red Lotus, and Makai High Noble this card looses a lot of it's power, but is still a damned good card. It's symbols (minus evil) could use the little boost. And even it's stats are somewhat fair: 2/4 with a terrible block.

Burning Knuckle: I hear rumours that it'll be reprinted, and if that's the case then I'll be the happiest UFS player ever, as it's one of my favorite cards.

Overwhelming Strength: Holy crap this would be hilarious in today's enviroment. Imagine if OS was around when Ibuki was winning everything. Think it might've been a little different.

Deceptive Look: Life has no kill card minus Midnight Pleasure... That is all.

Some form of Xiangau: Just for my buddy Link. I don't think she has any legal copies block three.

Anti Discard: While I don't think discard will be as rampant as ol' 8HS Dhalsim's hey day, but with Jivatma's support and the emmergence of Earth as a mid tier symbol, I could see folks crying fowl in a few months.

Knocked Out!: YOU GOT KNOCKED OUT SON!

3 Check Throws that are good: Overhand Throw, Witch Hunt, Widow Maker, Piggyback Tulusion. All decent throws. I'm not saying go and reprint Chain Throw (I will personally smack whoever does), but give the Throw word some meaning again.

You Will Not Escape or some form of it that DOESN'T have Order: Now before you all cry for my lynching hear me out. Back when YWNE was out there was no way short of a Seal of Cessation once they came out to stop it. Now we have the following:

Seal of Cessation- Available to every symbol

Inhuman Perception- Air/Earth/Death

End it All- Air/Earth/Death

Lesser of Many Evils- All/Chaos/Death

Kung Fu Training- Uhh everything but Air, Death, and Chaos?

So as you see, there's a lot of ways to stop it, and nowhere near as many ways to recur it as there was back in the day.

Mystic: I love Mystic. I always have and I always will. Being able to pick up a card from yer RFG as a form was great. And with the Form Negation/Anti card adding we have now (Tough Outer Shell, Oral Dead, Chester's Backing) there's actual ways to stop it.

Anywho's that's a decent enough list. Whatca all thoughts on the matter?

Drop kick. wasn't it one of the most balanced card out of there?

Roam the World . With all of the big foundations/characters/assets around, I think having this card will help push through the defenses and help boost the three symbols on the card.

Lost Memories. As stated in the previous post, foundation control is needed. With Red Lotus/Blinding Rage, etc... it has lost enough power to not to be rediculous.

Instant Hell Murder. Just love the card. A really cool ability (I like ways to control my opponent's staging area, which I think will be key in B3), and a balanced attack side. Plus, it shares three symbols with ::Dhalsim.

Boxing Gloves. Momentum gen for All and Earth.

PULL OF THE TIDES!

Widow maker for one, very good throw and I really don't see anything wrong with the card so why not reprint it?

Contemplation for the sole reason that without it most mill decks just disappear

8th bill , there's whole deck types around this card and the decks aren't exactly overpowered so I don't see any problem bringing this back

Samurai Shodown- Honestly I would either like an exact reprint, or watermarking of the SNK base set box topper Samurai Shodown, with the amount of life gain and damage reduction and the general lack of large damage pump (outside of reverse flayer/fight or flight) it needs to come back, because the current life gain basically says "kill me in one turn" or as its more commonly needed "Kill me in one shot" being able to not just prevent the life gain (s-class noble but only if they are currently higher than you) but to hurt them for trying is needed. the fact that most of the currently seems to net about 6-7 vitality for 1 enhance.

Deceptive Look- Life really does not seem to have any other sort of damage pump (other than removing your attacks from the game) and even with deceptive look, there are several of the deadly ground vega cards that say "Hi, I'm the anti deceptive look".

Idyllic Kamui Koten- Because it's one of the cards that I wanted watermarked for block 2 that never happened, good defensive or offensive card.

Control the Flow- the fair version of promo Yun-seoung, with Olcadamn's mentoring out, if you need a critical foundation out for your kill turn, there is no way your opponent is going to wait a turn to let you use it, the stats on it are balanced, 3/3 +3 mid block, 5/3 2H2 multiple 2, because of the multiple attack on the other side, it cannot be grabbed by the gorgeous team.

With the Seal of Cessation, you don't have to worry, it has the 4 point Watermark, so it will be legal all through Block 3. Burning Knuckle would be cool, but I do not think anything should get reprinted. It just feels lazy to me, instead of coming up with new ideas, they would just be rehasing old cards, things rotate for a reason, let the block 2 cards go when they rotate.

I would personally like to see the following cards reprinted.

Strike Heads
Lost Memories
You will not escape in it's old form-this would make the order lock decks brutal to deal with
Power of the Edge-it's symbols lack good momemtum gen, so you have to get it the old fashion way (beat the snot out of your opponents)
Contemplation

oh and more importantly
Promo Yun-Seong

I concur on the first point regarding Contemplation. None of this 4-8 attack deck bullcrap in UFS, please. If players are forced to say "Am I running enough attacks to be on the safe side?", then that is FAR healthier for the game than encouraging them to only run off of a handful of attack cards.

On that note, while it might not be good for my own decks, Sam Shodown would be a good influence. You can still run life gain and even use it against SS on the field, but you'll have to win a foundation war to do it, and expend resources for that.

After that, Pull of the Tides and even more of similar effects, particularly anti-loop techs.

Personal desires:

Idyllic. I just like it, it's a strong defense, decent way to punch a finishing blow through, and it boosts the Life symbol's survivability in a way that isn't life gain abuse or negation-recursion. Also, anything that encourages people to balance their damage and speed values, or risk losing the one they wanted to pump, is a good thing IMO.

Clones. Just for the offensive abuse with Yuri, who I can see being ignored as an offensive character in light of her defense. =D

The King of Fighters. Just because it's fun, awesome, and makes Reversal decks far more scary.

Essentially I think that anything that endangers the effectiveness of attack looping, one-shot kills, defensive or life abuse to the point of requiring one-shot kills, and the like makes for a healthier UFS. I want the word "chain" to mean something aside from be the first word in a card that does anything but encourage a sequential card pool full of attacks. And I'm sure the game would get more positive attention and have more interesting tournament play if that becomes the case.

The only players who should be able to ensure themselves max Vitality at the start of every opposing turn are ones whose characters or decks are specifically built to do so. And players wanting to trigger semi-infinite attack strings should have to work far harder to trigger them, and expend far more to keep them up (giving meaning to "semi" in "semi-infinite").

Edit: HELL no on Mystic. Thanks, now I get my Kung-Fu Trainings back whenever I want. There's Divination and such, but those are cards that you "use" more so than "activate".

Tendon Strength, Dodge step and Chinese Sword Style, the 3 most balanced anti-discard methods.

Meaning in Mastery -> Gives All some damned awesome momentum gen, combos well off Lone Wolf and Alex.

Balanced character only attacks -> Suzaku? Hell naw. Buster Wolf/Hyper Bomb/Shinku Hadoken/Spinning Pile Driver? Yes, yes a thousand times yes.

Polygon said:

Clones. Just for the offensive abuse with Yuri, who I can see being ignored as an offensive character in light of her defense. =D

No. You suck. Lol. Actually, you can have it as long as we get Kunai back too. My infinite loops demand fodder that is less than $30 coughDefendercough.

Clones RIGHT NOW wouldn't be too horrible, only that it gives Water a too-cheap too-good attack to accompany Feline Spike. If Earth or Water keep getting support, or Fire comes back, it'll be bad. Sure, no block and 3mid make it kind of irrelevant, and a Burning Knuckle reprint would be a nice deterrent, but it's just too good IMHO.

The card I most want to see reprinted is Vanity . Sankuro-2 is so lonely in block 3, and it makes foundation wars so much simpler (instead of "I negate that and that and that and hack that and that" it becomes "Give you a token, take off a token, give you a token, take off a token...")

I also wish Infiltrating would get the watermark in the same way ^ wants Clones back -- it's not that I like the prospect of Infiltrating Ibuki being around for another year, it's just that the once-might chase UR that you drop half a paycheck for a playset has dropped to the point where you can get a playset mowing lawns for an afternoon. The pathos is staggering.

Impetuous - it doesn't negate, just destroy, and has bad stats. Would help keep overwhelming staging areas in check. Also helps prevent looping.

Steel's Bane - 1:1 trade, one of the most balanced asset breakers ever printed.

Widow Maker - really, really balanced card. Weak stats with a very techy enhance, would help against stuff like Rejection.

Start Over - the best answer to foundation wars. Negated by Red Lotus and KFT, so it's stoppable, but unlike Infiltrating you could KFT their KFT, or Inhuman Perception it. The best answer to foundation wars, bar none, and seems like it'd be a huge help with the current state of block 3.

Reversal - because 6/1 without a block will never, ever spell auto-include, and hey - what's the best answer to getting one-shotted?

Size Matters - conditional nerfing that can't be re-used or recurred. Takes actual strategy to use, and might give the heavyweights like Huitzl and Sagat a chance to shine. Also has bad stats.

Envy - punishing the foundation war some more, with a reasonable cost, and solid stats. Encourages you to fall behind slightly, and your opponent to build less.

Lost Memories - possibly controversial, but Death and Void need it and Evil won't play it over Chester's anyway. Punishable by Blinding Rage and Makai High Noble, as already mentioned, and negated by Red Lotus and Inhuman Perception. 1:1 trades are usually fair, and I really thing LM is no exception - it's just traditionally been paired up with silly amounts of control in the past.

Friends and Rivals - as above, it's negatable by Red Lotus if need be, but note that it's a tapdown foundation that currently shares 0 resources with any of the available tapdown in the game, not even with solid Stun attacks. Yeah, it was more than a little unfair back in the day with the rest of Death's tricks of the day, but Death doesn't have any of that anymore, and Fire and Life need this card oh so badly.

Muscle Memory - surprise! I passed that check. Good counter to Anti K' and Forethought without being a particularly overwhelming card in its own right. To an extent also a counter to BRT.

The Next Level - I just like the card, lol.

As a note, to the person that said Mystic - yeah, so it can be combined with Tag Along? That'd be SO awesome... =|

i deffinatly like the idea of tendon strength as it has so many uses

i can see the piont in widow maker being repinted/blockmaked again as i want some good conrol check 3 throws

I like the idea of Size Matters. Seems silly to have a taller character than your opponent's be a straight disadvantage in Block 3. Sadly, my days of using it on half the tournament-caliber characters with Promo Leona are gone. =(

Oh yeah, forgot to add

Dodge Step - anti-discard with decent stats, a surprisingly effective ability, and a direct counter to Bitter Rivals. Yum.

Me personally I would like the following cards reprinted:

Chinese Sword Style: Yeah I wish a mofo would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use ways on me.

Envy: Hell yeah

Earth Divide: death needs it badly

ruthless villiany: why not.

Tendon Strength: needed in B3 cause of all of the discard.

Pure of heart:see CSwS

Dodge Step:see 1st pick

Hop: Free momentum Yay cool.gif

Oh and for my last pick (which I am going to get a "are you F**king nuts" statement directed at me)

Unorthodox Style:I need it beso.gif

Oh and one more Contemplation: needed in the meta

Po8, Control the flow (Please!!!),tsunami sabre, Wherebouts unkwnown,lance de lion, Idyllic Kamui Kotan,Deceptive look,Shinobi tradition, Ninjitsu

I would say...

Spiral DDT- Seriously, this throw is probaly the most underlooked throw in the game. With 6 damage base coming at you from a high zone. A static text that allows for easier mid blocks and a diffulculty of 5, who can really complain?

Contemplation-Let's face it, the meta does need a card that will have people second guessing less attacks and at a diffuculty of 5, this card balances itself out nicely.

Deceptive Look- It is a fun card to play.

Now, just out of curiousity, has FFG stated that they will be reprinting older cards?

Polygon said:

I like the idea of Size Matters. Seems silly to have a taller character than your opponent's be a straight disadvantage in Block 3. Sadly, my days of using it on half the tournament-caliber characters with Promo Leona are gone. =(

Technically, ever since the inclusion of Cutting Edge, piloting a Male or ?? character is disadvantageous to a Female character.

Homme Chapeau said:

Technically, ever since the inclusion of Cutting Edge, piloting a Male or ?? character is disadvantageous to a Female character.

One difference is that TGT isn't dependent on your opponent NOT being F. A F character who can't run it isn't any worse off than a M/?? character, whether you're against someone running TGT or not. The Bigger They Are... actively -punishes- characters for being taller than their opponent, and thus all it tends to do for them is broaden the list of characters which have an extra advantage against them.

Sidenote: Shizumaru is shorter than Talim (4'7"). Maybe that's why we have almost all the characters that recur from Samurai Shodown 3-5 but him. Someone at FFG wants Talim to be champion of shrimps for a while, at least while TGTA is in its heyday. =P

YOGA MASTERY - haha

But seriously these :

Steels bane, unkown force , lost memories , impetuous , start over , shoulder rush , roam the world , unorathadox style , power up , reversal , friends and rivals , TYPFG, Overhand throw , Ruthless villiany (suck on that forethought), Strike heads.

Polygon said:

One difference is that TGT isn't dependent on your opponent NOT being F.

Hence the technically. Although generally female characters have had lower vitality and higher handsizes, alongside particularly awesome abilities (Ruru/Ibuki, for example)...

Homme Chapeau said:

Although generally female characters have had lower vitality and higher handsizes, alongside particularly awesome abilities (Ruru/Ibuki, for example)...

Hence why Seong Mi-Na*** is so awesome. She's a friggin' tank.