Interested and query-some

By shak-auspride, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Hi all you AGoT players out there, I'm shak-auspride, resident kingdom hearts gamer and allround happy guy.

I'm a fan of the book series AGoT, and also very intrigued by the lcg format. Naturally, I'm drawn to this game. However, with no player base in my region, I am wondering if it is worth my effort getting the game shipped in. Odds are, I'll get it in just to put in a binder and stare at, but was hoping to get some feedback on what people thought of this game, and its future.

From what little bits I've seen, the card art is beautiful, which to be is a big part of gaming (I'm a simple guy at head and heart), and I was also wondering if there were any image libraries I could browse over for the lcg.

Cheers for your time,

- shak-auspride =]

shak-auspride said:

Hi all you AGoT players out there, I'm shak-auspride, resident kingdom hearts gamer and allround happy guy.

I'm a fan of the book series AGoT, and also very intrigued by the lcg format. Naturally, I'm drawn to this game. However, with no player base in my region, I am wondering if it is worth my effort getting the game shipped in. Odds are, I'll get it in just to put in a binder and stare at, but was hoping to get some feedback on what people thought of this game, and its future.

From what little bits I've seen, the card art is beautiful, which to be is a big part of gaming (I'm a simple guy at head and heart), and I was also wondering if there were any image libraries I could browse over for the lcg.

Cheers for your time,

- shak-auspride =]

Some cards yre definitely worth staring at.

You can look at some scans of older cards at:

http://www.tzumainn.com/agot/cards/

it can't hurt to pick up the core set and talk 2-3 other players into giving it a whirl.

@CATS:

thanks for the link :)

@Lars: I guess so, I think I may, hopefully I can get some mates involved!

cheers

-shak

Hi Shak,

Where do you reside? From the "auspride" part of your name I expect it's somewhere in Australia. I live in Canberra and we have a passable group here of ~8-10 players.

I also got into the card game because I love the books and the art. The art in recent sets has been amazing though I haven't seen the Core Set cards yet.

I'm a sydney sider myself, and my local store won't carry so if I want it I have to order it in...

Canberra you say? Is there a big game following down there?

shak-auspride said:

Canberra you say? Is there a big game following down there?

CCGs/LCGs in general? Yeah there's a decent following of a few games here. Our local store runs a Magic tourney every Friday night and a bunch of guys run Vampire tourneys every once in a while and get 10-15 players. We have an annual event called CANCON in January and there are normally a few CCG tourneys there, but it's mostly tabletop gaming; bloodbowl, warhammer, etc.

I wouldn't be too put off by having to order it in. You can generally get the cards cheaper and more quickly by ordering direct from the US rather than getting them from a local store. I only buy from the local store to show them some support.

If you're trying to get other people to play I would just search the Net to find people living nearby that play other CCGs and ask them if they want to get together to try out Game Of Thrones. It's really hard to get people who don't play CCGs to take one up but if they already play one you might be able to get them hooked on another one.

Good luck ;-)