QUESTION: Can you attack another player's kingdom province? E.G. Turan

By player377182, in Age of Conan

Did I miss this in the rules? Can't seem to find it. If yes, what are the rule/effects?

Thnx

D

Page 15, under "Types of Military Contest", it's mentioned as Exception to Siege that no attacking home provinces.

Notice how that gives Stygia a nice little southern playground to frolick in. Take advantge of this.

Exactly. You can't attack a home province.

What if your opponent has Armies there? Can you attack the units or are they considered in "sanctuary?"

In addition to the spot Dam mentioned on page 15, check the sidebar "Army Movement" on page 12.

TK

Its a Sanctuary AND defensive anchor. For Stygia it protects the Black Kingdoms from Hyborian expansion.

Necronis said:

Its a Sanctuary AND defensive anchor. For Stygia it protects the Black Kingdoms from Hyborian expansion.

You shouldn't use the word expansion partido_risa.gif !

Hyborian Expansion? Oh man, when can I get mine?

Dam said:

Necronis said:

You shouldn't use the word expansion partido_risa.gif !

Hyborian Expansion? Oh man, when can I get mine?

ROTFL :D Good pointing. Say perhaps "looking for living space" although you can get it a bit wrong if you know what I mean :/

That's right, but Conan can still raid your Kingdom province by my understanding.

Interesting point! And one I never thought of. Anyone else more clever than me able to find an error in this ?

I think in the rule book they use Turan as a sample province that conan raided, so to me, that points to conan being allowed to raid a home province.

Hi:

But if Conan "raids" & is not stopped (no armies in the Home Province), how many Empire points is a Home Province worth?

Thanks!

LETE said:

Hi:

But if Conan "raids" & is not stopped (no armies in the Home Province), how many Empire points is a Home Province worth?

Thanks!

"After eliminating raider tokens, each player counts how many raider
tokens are still present in his friendly provinces and immediately loses
an equal number of empire points. If the player does not have any
empire points, he loses nothing." (p. 19)

Nothing about losing equal to the province value, just a total of raider tokens left after removing.

I was mistaken! Every raider token accounts for one lost Empire point. Thanks for clearing that up! Too many games, too many rulesets! sonrojado.gif

L

Yep, one point loss for each raider token... still a tricky situation to raid a home province :)

I've raided a home province a few times. The other players don't quite like that though and it does feel a little dirty. :)

It's a great way to make them spend one military action to move or recruit an army unit there. People rarely leave army units in their kingdom.