Fester and Ixodidae

By Dydra, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

With the valley adding Clot to those "purge me please" viruses, I'm starting to build decks around it. Still can't decide if their home is in a Noise deck ( just feels so **** sexy to forge a Purge and a mill a card for 1c ?!??! ) or other places, where there is some running involved (looking at you Lamprey!).

So just feeling like I need to clarify this,although I assume I got the right idea.

The corp purges, Fester triggers since it's the start of the action, then the corp loses 2 to 6 credits and IF Ixodidae is in play, you gain 1-to-3 credits because the Fester steals the money prior the Purge resolving.

If the order of action is different, I assume the Ixodidae will be trashed before being able to net the credits from the Fester steal. Any thoughts?

My understanding of this then:

• Corp purges.
  • If the Corp has any cards which trigger when purging virus counters, they trigger now (none currently exist however).
  • As the Runner, you choose the order of the triggers on Ixodidae and Fester. (as they are both runner cards).
  • If you resolve Fester first, then Ixodidae triggers from the Corp losing money. As per the new FAQ, this will resolve before the pending resolution of Ixodidae from the purge. If you have multiples installed, they will ALL trigger from each time Fester triggers (so multiple Festers and multiple Ixodidaes will stack).
  • After resolving all triggers from the Corp losing credits, we return to the original trigger condition of cards triggered by virus purge, and Ixodiae trashes.
Edited by CommissarFeesh

On your 3rd point- Does that mean that if I have 1x Ixodidae and 3 x Fester, that will net me 3c? ( corp losing 3 times 2c )
Futher more 2x Ixodidae = 6c? etc. etc.

On your 3rd point- Does that mean that if I have 1x Ixodidae and 3 x Fester, that will net me 3c? ( corp losing 3 times 2c )

Futher more 2x Ixodidae = 6c? etc. etc.

Yes. It would go something like:

• Corp purges.
  • All Festers and Ixodidaes trigger conditions are met
  • Runner chooses to resolve Fester #1
  • Corp loses 2cr
  • Ixodidaes trigger conditions are all met
    • Resolve Ixodidae #1, gaining 1cr
    • Resolve Ixodidae #2, gaining 1cr
    • Resolve Ixodidae #3, gaining 1cr
  • Runner chooses to resolve Fester #2
  • Corp loses 2cr
  • Runner chooses to resolve Fester #3
  • Corp loses 2cr
  • Runner chooses to resolve Ixodiae #1, trashing it
  • Runner chooses to resolve Ixodiae #2, trashing it
  • Runner chooses to resolve Ixodiae #3, trashing it
Edited by CommissarFeesh

Great .... this will be a deck. Not sure if Noise, or Reina ... but it will be :)

I've considered doing something similar with Lamprey, where you keep nipping at HQ for a credit swing, but it's a lot of setup and you need repeated HQ access. Might be fun to try it out with the Cutlery events.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

Yes, or some Criminal splash with Feint/ Sneakdoor? :)

The main point that I was looking at, is that if I play Lamprey (on top of Clot and Ixo) in Noise, it would be very difficult to make it land (since Noise isn't exactly the run-first type runner). On the other hand, 1 card mill for 1 cost and Aesop if the Lamprey doesn't force a purge on its own? :)

Many interesting ideas, imo we definitely needed a 3rd type of those viruses.

Also the Genetics provide very interesting engines so far ( for example the Shaper resource that says that Genetics can proc more than once per turn + Symmetrical Visage / or/ and / Anarch Genetics + wyldside + Hard at work (or something else that eats a click) ... ) ... it will take some testing to prove if they are competitive to the current draw/money engines , but I'm happy that it's hanging out as an option out there :)