Oblivion (equip)
Olympia (equip)

Barrel Spider x2
Gargoyle x3

Disney Castle
Destiny Islands x3

Event Card 1

Total 41 cards (including player)

Alright, this is the first deck I've made since set 4 that I've been happy with. There are some interesting choices made which I will go over now:

The Ducks: There Back!!! ok, what makes the ducks bad is monstro, thats one of the reasons I'm not playing monstro, but with a constant 2 HP a turn thanks to valor (maybe 3 with kk) ducks molest WR since they go through their deck at half speed. With these guys in it lets me slack on the dark card department and the ducks aren't always bad against the mirror match (maybe half the time) so they are a more useful alternative to certain dark cards I'd never play against another aggro

Dark Build: 2 barrel spiders since, although they don't really stop anything it speeds up my win condition and can be played in the mirror match. 3 Gargilay: Hopefull against WR the gargoyles can get an escape or at least stall for a turn or two: most people aren't running 3 pans and with less skellington these things get alot harded to kill (especially drawing only 3 cards a turn) - I need more WR testing but In theory this should suffice.

Monstro: No monstro :o I have lots of stronger differently named friends in this deck, as well as jack sparrows so I can kill their specific high level friends, so I don't need to clear their feild, I should match them, if not exceed their board control (friend presence)

Pinnochio: This is the one I'm most concerned with, I have found that not pinnochio has not been a huge problem, there are a few times I would like him, but I think as long as I play smart with my winnie the pooh's It wont be a problem.. also with ducks them holding on to cards makes me smile

So there you have it :) take a look and tell me what you think

How does the deck stack up against another Aggro running Monstro?

Ive been playing this deck with my aggro that runs monstro and it does pretty good...If he draws some of the ducks before I get monstro out it makes everything very very hard for me if he's willing to leave any or all of them out...even 1 hurts me and he can discard it when i challenge so he can ddraw an extra card... while im struggling to get to my monstro It way harder for me to play cards and get valor out .. I mean it hurts him too but hes the one in control...i dunno ill gve you more feedback when we playtest some more .. but its definetly good... a good card he has in here is winnie the pooh... he uses it for one you challenge him and if hes losing he'll play it to end it in a tie and keep valor....pretty deadly but im not 100% sold on it yet

Why Triton?? Yuffie is a more powerful card.

As Vertically says, it stands quite good against another aggro with monstro, if they have monstro out the ducks at worst are no worse than a dark card.

my reasonings for triton over yuffie are:
-more consistant bridging
-more attack power to help over turn valor
-so far in playtesting a bunch of different things (including yuffie) I've found the two extra power helps alot more since the game is more centered around killing/protecting valor. The only case where I think I'd prefer yuffie is when they are holding on to an oblivion or ultima, which while happens fairly often, I find a well timed winnie the pooh or oblivion/ultima of your own can have the same effect (and they get to draw 1 less card).
-Finally with monstro (and no sephy - since hes took a good drop this set, thanks sparrow) If we both have 3 friends out mine are usually stronger due to (alot of times) the difference between them having a yuffie out and me having three of: triton/herc/beast/phil/tigger

I'm not sure it is the better choice to be honest but I really like the way this version of the deck runs (more so than any other I've built yet) and one of the differences between those decks and this one is yuffie.

Vertically Challenged said:

he can discard it when i challenge so he can ddraw an extra card..

This is the way it works, but it's kind of a misconception, as he just gets the card that the duck replaced however many turns ago, if you think abou it.

GTrogi said:

As Vertically says, it stands quite good against another aggro with monstro, if they have monstro out the ducks at worst are no worse than a dark card.

my reasonings for triton over yuffie are:
-more consistant bridging
-more attack power to help over turn valor
-so far in playtesting a bunch of different things (including yuffie) I've found the two extra power helps alot more since the game is more centered around killing/protecting valor. The only case where I think I'd prefer yuffie is when they are holding on to an oblivion or ultima, which while happens fairly often, I find a well timed winnie the pooh or oblivion/ultima of your own can have the same effect (and they get to draw 1 less card).
-Finally with monstro (and no sephy - since hes took a good drop this set, thanks sparrow) If we both have 3 friends out mine are usually stronger due to (alot of times) the difference between them having a yuffie out and me having three of: triton/herc/beast/phil/tigger

I'm not sure it is the better choice to be honest but I really like the way this version of the deck runs (more so than any other I've built yet) and one of the differences between those decks and this one is yuffie.

-Sure I guess but you do have 4 get anything you need cards, and honestly you only have 2 level 3 characters, not really much to bridge up to.
- This is arguable. If they have oblivion in hand and you play triton, it's not that threatening whereas you play Yuffie and you discard said attack card like you said but consider the power of that card. +10. you in turn gain 10 power and yuffie is a +14 in essence when played right.
- The discarding of cards is more important in a control build than an extra +2 support value. First turn Yuffie could potentially get valors out of their hands thus slowing them down even more. disruption is protection.
- well yes that would be a situation in which it'd be better to have a triton.

Triton is okay but he isn't better than Yuffie in a control build.

Ya, I agree and have thought about all those points, I'll do some more play testing with both.

But now I think I have to rebuild the deck with sephy in it... I made a Xaldin deck today and It raped... without sephy 17 atk power a turn without commiting anything is just too overwhelming. :S

Never thought I'd have to change my deck to stop a nobody deck :S:S:S