WoW!

By DarkbladeChaos, in Anima: The Card Game

I ordered this game awhile ago and got it in a few days ago and I LOVE IT! I used to be a fan of Magic and YuGiOh but now forget them! Anima rocks!

Ya its pretty kewl. Also got word on the edge forums that there is going to be another expansion to make it into a trilogy :D

I am curious, is this game a CCG? It is listed as a silver line and not a ccg.. Plus there are at least two sets? If you can give me a quick synopsis please because I am very intrigued to see how the game works and if I would like to get it.

Anima is prolly better thought of as a non-trading card card-game where most of the cards could just as easily be tiles but aren't for sake of handling and production costs. A usual round consists of people declaring an area to bring their party of character cards to and resolving a battle (via opposed dice rolls) with a creature encountered in the area and then finally collecting a reward in the area (another party member, spells and other advantages, or engaging in a special mission for a special boost to combat abilities). The game is beaten when one party is able to amass enough power to defeat a very power special foe.

I'd say it compares well, and slightly more favorably, to Munchkin.

Yeah we called it Final Fantasy Munchkin with some Talisman things thrown in for good measure. But yeah it is more like a board game then like a CCG.