Does anyone have ne tournament rules for wow?

By The_Brown_Bomber, in Wings of War (WWI)

im running a wow tournament for 12-16 players in 3 wks time.

does ne1 have any tournament rules made up?

mine will be 2 man teams.

3 diff missions.

balloon busting

recon

dogfight

setting it in mid war era. no snipes or fokker DVII's until mission 3

pilots will earn points for kills and successful recon, destroying ground targets/balloons etc.

top2 teams go to the grand final where planes form each era: 1016, 1917 and 1918 will be used in the same battle.

This thread might help you a little: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Anyways there is a lot more to do than recon, baloon bursting and dogfights.

Ground strafing was common, Bombing (for 2 each side needs a 2 seater for bombing missions), Artillery directing, fighter scrambles (which are a bit like dogfighting but one side will start on a airfield and have to get altitude to stop the other sides bombing or recon mission).

We play one game every month from Verdun to the end of the war. We also spend a lot of work about which plane that comes in when and have some custom rules for modified planes, like for adding a Lewis gun to your Nieuport 17 (who already have a vickers), changing your DRI engine to a Le Rhone, Getting a BMW engine to you Fokker DVII (Making it a DVII/F), getting a Sopwith Triplane with 2 vickers instead of one and so on.

Every player do gets to borrow a planr from me, we started with DH2, Nieuport 11 and Fokker EIII. People who own their own planes can play with them as soon as they enter the war. The old planes with be changed out when they did in the real War, we are playing today and the german default plane will change to a Albatross DII (or a Roland, we have gotten a lot of players now). I also have a bunch of planes that the sides can borrow one month (usually the month before it officially hit the front in numbers, for revaluation). Of course there is extra xp to get a plane that is under evaluation.

Well, enough from me now, have to turn in, we start todays game in 7 hours :)

Dont have any tournament rules as such but have written an entire roleplaying system based around WoW, which has many elements with which to base an ongoing campaign or tournament if you are interested?

Rafer J Larwood said:

Dont have any tournament rules as such but have written an entire roleplaying system based around WoW, which has many elements with which to base an ongoing campaign or tournament if you are interested?

I would be interested in seeing that!

HMS Hajj said:

Rafer J Larwood said:

I would be interested in seeing that!

I second that. I did ran a old GURPS WW1 campaign a long time ago, using the hit point list and a modified damage table from the classic GDW game "Blue max", it was rather close to old Biggles books. An advanced hit location based on the BM rules with a random critical damage list for each part of the plane worked very well and GURPS had rules for the rest of the aspects of the game.

I personally think that Wow might be a bit too simple for a RPG game, I want to be able to aim on a part of the plane or the pilot in that kind of game but a mix between Wow and BM could work rather well. It should be rather simple but still have a character sheet for the player and another one for the plane in my opinion.

I am curious how Rafer solved the issues.