Jolly old St. Jack(jack lvl4 aka Santa Jack)

By Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy, in Rules Discussions

I love the nightmare b4 christmas and i love the cards but this new Jack lvl4( AKA santa Jack) has an effect that seems sub par. Is it really good some how that im missing? id like to make a halloween town theme deck now that sallys effect is much much better butif santa jack isnt good why use him ya know? what are your thoughts on jolly old St Jack?

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

I love the nightmare b4 christmas and i love the cards but this new Jack lvl4( AKA santa Jack) has an effect that seems sub par. Is it really good some how that im missing? id like to make a halloween town theme deck now that sallys effect is much much better butif santa jack isnt good why use him ya know? what are your thoughts on jolly old St Jack?

I'm not a fan of him...wish he did something different.

I was really dissapointed too as TNBC is mah favorite KH World....

Honestly, all of the new Halloween Town friends are sub par imo (minus Sally, I REALLY like her effect, wish I could fit her in my deck.) They seem to all just interact with Dark Cards, not each other....I like Dr. Finkelsteins effect, though I just wish it let you play them straight up, not erasing their text and not counting them as a play. Oh well, the hope of one day building a decent Halloween Town Theme deck shall fade.

and I agree...the Mayor's new art is awesome.

It has good support and magic benefits but i like Lv3 better, but the only thing i see using it for is to get back something like Lock and use it to play an Oogie Boogie on a persons world. Also which made me wonder with the new zeroes effect of bring a jack back without actually playing him, which in turn made me wonder. I know this is dumb but I still need to ask to assure myself, if you had a Jack on the field and Zero Lv1 was discarded and brought back another Jack would it stay in play also because he wasn't played for the switching of jacks to happen. Though ima assume that the uniqueness rule is constant and doesnt only happen when a friend is played.

thats an interesting question and could also involve Dr. fiinklesteins effect, you bring back cards of the same name but since it doesnt count as a play you can have multiples maybe....i dunno still trying to piece taht one together too

i need to chime in here... i have been running the halloween town deck religously since the release of the 4th set and have not been dissapoited. now it does have a few weaknesses that i had to overcome, but for the most part it has not failed me. The trickiest part of the deck is overcoming its lack of power... and being able to surpass faster world rush decks.... so here.... The Finks allow me to reuse and abuse the lv 4 friends to continuously empty my worlds and rush while wisdom allows for more draw and magic support. the pumkins make it so that i can play 3 gargoyles every turn to stop other world rush and the simbas allow me to swap my multiple weaker lv. 1's for a might power 7 and in some cases abuse zero into bringing back a lv4 jack....

the deck cycles itself and serches very well... i have recently been going undefeated with it and hope to keep the streak.... but captain pete is crewing me up something fierce...

any suggestions or comments to the deck would be greatly appreciated.....

Sora Lv.1

1x Sora Lv.3 Wisdom Form
Total 1

2x Lv.0 Mayor
1x Lv.0 King
2x Lv.1 Zero
2x Lv.1 Sally
1x Lv.1 Jack Skelington
3x Lv.2 Dr. Finkelstein
1x Lv.2 Jack Skelington
2x Lv.3 Donald (BoD)
1x Lv.3 Jack Skelington
1x Lv.4 Donald
1x Lv.4 Goofy
1x Lv.4 Jack Skelington
Total 18

1x Lv.1 Tinker Bell
2x Lv.3 Simba
1x Lv.4 Simba
Total 4

1x Firaga
1x Thundaga
1x Blizaga
Total 3

1x Oblivion
1x Ultima Weapon
2x Decisive Pumpkin
Total 4

3x Lv.6 Gargoyle
Total 3

1x Lv.1 Halloween Town
3x Lv.2 Halloween Town
3x Lv.3 Halloween Town
Total 7

Total 40

i honestly dont see how that deck is good im gonna have to run it myself

acctually id like to say he is right with the halloween town deck the new jack is ment to recycle your dark cards to stop world racers and to have them use your friends to defet them i personaly run this deck around riku and it turns out to work well against world racers and some time aggros to.

i can think of plenty of decks that can stop this one no matter how many times you recycle your heartless

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

i can think of plenty of decks that can stop this one no matter how many times you recycle your heartless

This is another one of those cases where someone assumes their deck is good because the only people they play against are their friends.

im not saying any deck i made is better or supreme im just saying that i can think of a number of deck possibilities that run cards that make this not so great i dont get to play against many people i only run one deck and i know that beat a few people doesnt make a great deck