2 Questions about the Movie

By Odium, in Midnight Chronicles

Hi,

First Question: I already have a copy of the Midnight Chronicles Movie ( Looks like that ).

Isn't that the same movie?

Second Question: The D&D4 Adventure: Will it be only available on the DVD? Or is there any other possibility the get a copy of that?

Thanks,

Odium

Hi!

Yes it's the same movie and, honestly, i'm quite disapointed.

I'm not familiar with the RPG (none of the players i know play this game). I only read several reviews about it and also an article on Wiki:

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/MIDNIGHT_RPG_Campaigns:_Main_Page

So i wanted to see this movie in order to make me an idea of what a game could looks like. On this point, i must recognize that the movie gave me a good peak about the world of Aryth. The choice of the setting and the plot suit perfectly with the grim and dark mood of most of the scenes. The legates of the order of shadow are really well depicted.

But, despite this, i found the actor's play very superficial. A bit as these bad TV shows where the characters seems to like listening themselves talking...

Moreover, no climax at all! Maybe it was the producers'aim but the entire movie is fit with a slow and boring rythm. Hopefully, like i wrote before, the plot is interesting and helps to stay until the frustrating end of the movie: a lot question without response (the reason why Mag is wearing the mark of the prophecy, the link between Gaelen and the griffin herald, what became Crawlis and so on...)

BTW, even if i didn't like this movie, i think it's a good way to discover the setting of the RPG for those who, like me, havent' experience it;

Odium said:

Hi,

First Question: I already have a copy of the Midnight Chronicles Movie ( Looks like that ).

Isn't that the same movie?

Second Question: The D&D4 Adventure: Will it be only available on the DVD? Or is there any other possibility the get a copy of that?

Thanks,

Odium

There may be options on drivethrurpg.com as they are distributing it on that website incl a copy of the Midnight rulebook (3.5 system)

Dualgoth said:

BTW, even if i didn't like this movie, i think it's a good way to discover the setting of the RPG for those who, like me, havent' experience it;

The setting is ace, a really dark fantasy setting. You can pick up the 2nd edition rulebook on www.drivethrurpg.com quite cheap now. It is designed for D&D 3.5Ed. Honestly one of the best settings I have ever played in

Adventure D&D4 : it only will be accessible on DVD

or the download of the deluxe package on drivethrurpg which is basically the contents of the dvd