who all is going to buy this?

By myfortune1423, in Chaos Marauders

i have never heard of this game or seen it (after all i only started playing boardgames back in 06) but i t sounds fun so far and anything from FFG is usually amazing so ill be picking up.

how about everyone else?

Looks quite fun. Artwork is quite nice as well. I wouldn't mind a quick game for a change. Most FFG games take hours to play.

Well... we will see how quick this one will be. If it is fast paced in a FGG kind of way then it will still take 2-3 hours. ;)

But it is another Warhammer related game, so I must have it!

This years fair in Essen will cost me a fortune... how I'm going to tell my wife?

I had this game many moons ago, in the late eighties, but never played it - glad to see they're keeping some of the better artwork. Odd choice for a rerelease, though - I guess because there's no minis. Here it is on the Geek. It had a cool die with eye symbols on 5 sides and the arrows of chaos on the other.

Seems like i have to save some money........as the guy above said....how do i tell my wife?

Sounds interesting. Have to wait and see if they give us some more information on it first though.

Killer Power said:

how I'm going to tell my wife?

"Darling, I don't drink or gamble. But I lost a drunken bet about how I'm going to explain buying all these to you."

doc_cthulhu said:

Killer Power said:

how I'm going to tell my wife?

"Darling, I don't drink or gamble. But I lost a drunken bet about how I'm going to explain buying all these to you."

But maybe I will send her shopping during that weekend. I also will ask her best friend to come along. After a shopping spree with her best friend my wife always feels guilty and then I can tell her: "Well, you don't need to feel guilty. Look: I have also spent some money during the weekend..." :oD

Nurgle said:

Seems like i have to save some money........as the guy above said....how do i tell my wife?

All you have to do is buy it FOR your wife, and she'll be happy that you bought her anything, even if it wasn't a bouquet of flowers. Yeah, keep telling yourself that and eventually you'll believe it and then you can buy it guilt-free...

Or wait for December and hope it goes up on FFG's annual Christmas clearance sale for $5 or so. (If the game is out before then, which it should be)

Rofl! The worst you wife can do is file for a divorce :P

This game does look to be a load of fun I just hope it doesnt come out around the same time as Warhammer Invasion LCG... My wife keeps me on a short monetary chain with my addiction.

I want to buy something warhammerish and casual for 2players but don't want to invest in any CCG/LCG... so this looks like good choice for me, but I'll wait for reviews and then decide about buying.

Eh. I had this game back in the day and it really came down to lucky card draws coupled with a sort of press your luck mechanic. It's at a good price point for what it is, but I think there are other Silver Line games that have more to them.

Well, I don't think it will be in the FFG sale, if they do that again. That's pretty much for games that aren't selling. Chaos Marauders sounds like just a quick fun game. You really can't have enough of those.

I'll be adding it to my collection (Although I have over 700 games). It looks like it will be a fun filler.

runehardt said:

I'll be adding it to my collection (Although I have over 700 games). It looks like it will be a fun filler.

Umm... at 700 games, do you really need another fun filler? :)

I have the original version and I JUST picked up the new one from FFG! The old one just suffered from one problem, one typical of several GW games from that period. You spent a LOT of time referencing the rulebook re. special cards and what they did! Looks like the new card layouts in the FFG release will take care of this. It's a cool little game. Give it a shot!

got mine!! lengua.gif

I bought the game today and played five or six games of it in a row. It's a fantastically chaotic game, just like the name implies. Great fun even when I got my butt stomped into the ground. lengua.gif

I had the original version of this game, and played many matches with my brother and friend back in the day. Glad they reprinted this one, brings back many memories.

Just got my copy online, will be nice to revisit this old classic!

I've got mine...kinda... my girlfrined has got this for my birthday, which is fast approaching on Nov 14 happy.gif

This is definitely a bit of a zombie thread, but I wanted to jump on here and put a good word in for the game. I actually impulse-bought mine at the local game store, having been sold by the phrase "thuggish brutality," when describing the tone of the game. It was a little shaky at first, but once we got the rules figured out, it was a blast!

Sadly, my friend was too sneaky when deploying his Chaos Marauders, and there wasn't a tie at the end, so no need for a bellowed WAAAAAGH-off.