Arachnids for the win!

By Budgernaut, in BattleLore: Command

I had an interesting game today. I just earned Malaana as a playable character and had earned some Doombringers at the end of last week. I decided to take them together into a multiplayer scenario. I took 4 Doombringers and Malaana into a Demolition game against the CPU. I knew my chances of success weren't that great since I was so outnumbered, but I did my best. My task was to eliminate 5 buildings in 10 rounds. After we advanced on the Daqan Lords, I had an awful realization: Doombringers can't enter buildings. That meant I only had one unit, Malaana, that could enter and destroy buildings. I thought all was lost. It turns out the Doombringers' Immobilize ability is fantastic. They attacked units in buildings to clear the buildings out and their Immobilize ability usually kept any opposing units from entering the building during the next turn. This allowed Malaana to just hop from building to building every round while the Doombringers brought doom and destructrion to the Daqan forces. It was actually quite amusing to win with such an army.

Unfortunately, this makes me want to buy multiple copies of Warband of Scorn when it releases later this year so I can field multiple Doombringers in my tabletop game.