Newexpansion?

By Furelli, in Warrior Knights

Is there likely to be a new expansion for this great game? Anyone know, and if there is what sort of things would you like to see?

Furelli

New Expansion? Sheesh I haven't even played the game or the current expansion yet. I bought this way back in the spring and still have not had time to play it. Although I have been painting up the figures for it. :P

I really like this game, but what I would like to see is a different map, either bigger so the 6th player isn't completely screwed for his starting placement, or perhaps with hexes to make each game different. Also, I would like for there to be a figure/card for the Baron so s/he can take armies around the map as well.

Jashobeam

I own both the main game and Crown and Glory , but am trying to get the most out of the main game before I try adding the expansion in. From my reading of the rules as well as community feedback, Warrior Knights is much improved by Crown and Glory . There are lots of little but worthwhile improvements, such as a larger Fate deck, and the new Draw 1 Fate/Retreat results, as well as more significant changes, such as the Scholar , new Agendas and Events, Garrisons, Levies , and the new Action Cards , which look like they help move the game along. The King Variant makes for a longer game, and for shorter games, the Mission Cards might add spice.

It seems like most people prefer 4-5 players, and a lot of game players prefer to avoid the much tighter competition involved with the maximum number of players, not just for Warrior Knights , but other games as well, such as Caylus . I like the challenge of a tighter game once I feel comfortable with the rules and strategy, but when I am still learning a game, a looser set up is more forgiving and therefore more fun.

I don't see Warrior Knights as needing another published expansion. Look at Power Grid or Age of Steam : there are at least a dozen variant boards for each, mostly by fans. I can see room for a few more maps: maybe one with some large islands instead of one mainland, a penninsular map, something like Italy, made especially for three players, and maybe a more open six player map for beginners. But unless you wanted to produce your own Fate Cards , you'd have to stick with the city names already given.

There have been a few other variants proposed. Some were listed in the site previous to the site previous to this site, but so far as I can tell, all that material has been lost.

I haven't abused my Warrior Knights game enough as it is, and am not eager for a published expansion. Alternate maps might be cool, though.

Smeelbo

Personally, I can only see a new expansion being a new mapboard. There is so much material in the base game and Crown & Glory that there is enough gaming there for a lifetime.

Yep. Naught but a new mapboard is reasonable IMHO.

I would love to see a new map like the Runebound expansions.

CTuxford said:

Personally, I can only see a new expansion being a new mapboard. There is so much material in the base game and Crown & Glory that there is enough gaming there for a lifetime.

Yep. Naught but a new mapboard is reasonable IMHO.

Agreed, the only expansion really needed at this point would be new mapboards.