Death to Wr

By Saturn2, in Gummi Garage

So it seems everyone is focusing around aggro with the new set and even myself who has always run wr has switched to a joat varient, does anyone still believe in a classic wr that will survive?

Saturn said:

So it seems everyone is focusing around aggro with the new set and even myself who has always run wr has switched to a joat varient, does anyone still believe in a classic wr that will survive?

No

Sora_Yagami said:

Saturn said:

No

Sora_Yagami said:

Saturn said:

No

No, not anytime soon

The inherent problem with WR right now is that it just can't hope to compete with Phil+Monstro+Owl+Valor Form. There are good answers for dealing with all of them (well, except Monstro, the Mushroom is hardly a good option), but since their deck is built around no magic, it's so much easier for them to survive and function in the gimped state of the game, whereas a WR really needs cures/tinks to survive. Sure, you can build a deck around trying to get rid of their Owl and Phil, and hope that it works, but even then, you've got Monstro+Cerberus to deal with.

It just feels like it will fall on its face too often.

Besides WR is a boring way to play...no Player on player contact.

After discussing the fate of WR and various ways it could be played, I'm fairly convinced that it won't have a chance.

At the moment, WR is on a thread. I'm hoping that later on, there will be a friend that you could discard to draw a card potentially because than Minnie Mouse would be great. I blieve Mr Dawn posted the Master form if I am correct, which can run 2 worlds a turn, but not challenge. Hopefully set 5 will bring a balance between the two styles.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

At the moment, WR is on a thread. I'm hoping that later on, there will be a friend that you could discard to draw a card potentially because than Minnie Mouse would be great. I blieve Mr Dawn posted the Master form if I am correct, which can run 2 worlds a turn, but not challenge. Hopefully set 5 will bring a balance between the two styles.

Actually, it's the Final Form, which can run 2 worlds 'n no challenge ('n with 20 attack, I can see why).

Master Form is moreso the Valor 'n Wisdom combin'd, only without the drawback of Valor's discarded effect (a card I will be huntin quickly).

same for me :D lol

I wonder if Minnie Mouse would be viable for WR to run. Need a little luck, but better than being SOL completely, right?

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

I wonder if Minnie Mouse would be viable for WR to run. Need a little luck, but better than being SOL completely, right?

Ditch your whole hand and NOT move? doesn't really sound worth it to me.

that would potentially just open you up for more dark cards and well you would have wasted a turn.

I'm hoping that they will bring out a friend you can discard to draw a card or two. Minnie would be good then. Then again, playing Minnie can come down to keeping track of the number of certain types of cards in both players decks, correct?

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

I'm hoping that they will bring out a friend you can discard to draw a card or two. Minnie would be good then. Then again, playing Minnie can come down to keeping track of the number of certain types of cards in both players decks, correct?

What?

If you have to discard, you wouldn't be drawing that turn anyway, Beside Cid is that card, you discard X to draw X.

Roxas said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

What?

If you have to discard, you wouldn't be drawing that turn anyway, Beside Cid is that card, you discard X to draw X.

I mean a friend you can discard from your friend area to draw a card. An effect somewhat like beasts, but to draw a card or two instead.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Roxas said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

What?

I mean a friend you can discard from your friend area to draw a card. An effect somewhat like beasts, but to draw a card or two instead.

Ah, okay gotcha on this now bro. It would definitely be a rare card since it's a any deck type of card. I like it but then again I don't.

As long as they give it a rarity similar to The King, it should be ok. It would at least make Minnie more desirable while trying to get around the issue of world locking.

EDIT: Roxas, what about a well played Fairy God Mother to Pull a Bambi from your deck? As long as they don't have an owl, you should be ok. It may only be a one time thing, but at least it is an option for game play when it comes to minnie mouse.

What about the new Kairi and Selphie?

Even better. How bout this, why not use both stratagies at the same time?

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

As long as they give it a rarity similar to The King, it should be ok. It would at least make Minnie more desirable while trying to get around the issue of world locking.

EDIT: Roxas, what about a well played Fairy God Mother to Pull a Bambi from your deck? As long as they don't have an owl, you should be ok. It may only be a one time thing, but at least it is an option for game play when it comes to minnie mouse.

Still need something to cast to with if you dont have Wisdom Form. However the likelyness of an Owl not being on the board is slim when most players run three and only pitch one (sparely) for Valor Form willingly.

If it works, more power to ya, but I'm sure Aggro can keep it under wraps.

To world race wouldn't you just use the LV 3 world cards with dark limit 3? Then you have a Minnie to get rid of all the heartless or nobodies, followed by a Kairi and Selphie on the field to draw more cards. World racing not dead.

The best thing is, that there isn't much to stop that combo, especially if the opponent runs owl and phil, since then they prevent themselves from using stuff too. The only thing that may stop it is Auron

Chexlleim said:

To world race wouldn't you just use the LV 3 world cards with dark limit 3? Then you have a Minnie to get rid of all the heartless or nobodies, followed by a Kairi and Selphie on the field to draw more cards. World racing not dead.

I can't tell you all the flaws with that way of thinking the list is too long.

All Level 3 worlds? Good luck ever having enough resources to clear all those worlds all the time...you'll be stalled on the 2nd or 3rd or 4th...heck, with the ridiculous Heartless released in Set 4, I could have your first Level 3 locked on my first turn! Also keep in mind you have discard your whole hand for Minnie to work, so even if you drew into the resources you'd need, you'd be pitching them all, remember you need that 5th level 3 to win...you've only got 3 Minnies...you do the math. Don't even get me started on why Kairi and Selphie is a horrible combo. It's so situational that you'll A) Draw into both of them and B) Keep them on the field long enough for their effect to even matter.

I will admit...I've seen some people come up with interesting ways as of late for WR to still be viable...so It's barely hanging on by a thread...

Basic Math:

3+3+3+3+3=15
3+3+3+1+3=13
3+2+3+2+3=13