Future Card Translations

By WayToTheDawn, in Hollow Bastion

I've been doing some future card translations on another thread and I thought I'd share them all with you here in one handy post, it's great to look at these translations now and have a better understanding of how they'll effect the game.

Disclaimer: I did not translate these, an old forum member by the name of giantbadger did...so I'll give ya as much as he posted.

THE MYSTERIOUS BOY
Level 1, 3 ATK, 1 Magic, 8HP
At the beginning of the game, equip 1 "Oathkeeper" from your deck onto this card, then shuffle your deck. This card can't equip anything other than "Oathkeeper" and "Oblivion," and can't play Friends other than "Twilight Town" Friends.
Player/Light

ROXAS
Level 1, 3 ATK, 1 Magic, 8HP
This card is also treated as "The Mysterious Boy." At the beginning of the game, equip 1 "Oathkeeper" from your deck onto this card, then shuffle your deck. This card can't equip anything other than "Oathkeeper" and "Oblivion," and can't play Friends other than "Twilight Town" Friends and "Samurai Nobodies."
Player/Organization XIII

(Looks like FFG skipped the first Roxas Card for some reason...hmmm.)

-----------------------------------------------------------

RIKU
Level 3, 6 ATK, 0 Magic, 6HP
At the beginning of the game, you may equip 1 "Way to the Dawn" onto this card from your deck, then shuffle your deck. If a "Way to the Dawn" is equipped on this card, draw 1 additional card during your Draw Phase.
Player/Light

SORA (MASTER FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 4, 9 ATK, 4 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 1 of your "Brave Form" or "Wisdom Form" in play, along with 3 cards from your hand. If this card wins a Challenge, reduce your opponent's HP by an additional -1. You can play up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. During a Battle only, the damage of Magic/Attack cards played by this card is doubled. Draw 1 card during your Draw Phase.

SORA (FINAL FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 5, 20 ATK, 6 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 7 of your Friends in play, as well as your entire hand, and at that time, discard all Dark Cards in play. You can equip up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. This card can't participate in Challenges, you can't play Level 1 or lower Worlds, but you may Battle and play Worlds 2 times per turn. If you play a Friend card (including Magic/Friend), this card is discarded.

CLOUD
Level 3, 7 Support, 3 Magic
This card has +3 Support Power during a Battle.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH
Level 3, 7 Support, 3 Magic
This card has +3 Support Power during a Challenge.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH & CLOUD
Level 5, 19 Support, 5 Magic
Play both card #30 and #31 at the same time, and once put into play, is treated as 1 card. Discard all Friends in play other than this one. You don't have to discard this card as a result of a Battle or Challenge. This card can't be discarded as a result of an opponent's card effect.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Remaining OXIII Players and their Respective Equips:

DEMYX
Level 4, 5ATK, 3 Magic, 6HP
At the beginning of the game, equip 1 "Cittern" onto this card from your deck, then shuffle your deck.
Water Dance: During your Action Phase, you may take any number of +1 counters from a "Cittern" you have in play, treating them as "Water" (Dark/Level 6/POW5), and attach them to your opponent's current World, ignoring the Enemy Limit.
Player/Organization XIII

CITTERN
+3/+0
Only "Demyx" can equip this card. When this card is played, put 3 +1 counters on it, the number of them increasing this card's Attack Value. If there are no +1 counters on this card, this card is discarded.
Equipment

LUXORD
Level 3, 8 ATK, 2 Magic, 7HP
Gamble: At the beginning of your Draw Phase, you may have you and your opponent reveal the top card of your decks. If the Levels of the revealed cards are different, the one who revealed the lower Level loses 1 HP. Cards without a Level are treated as having a Level of 0. The revealed cards are discarded.
Player/Organization XIII

CARDS
+3/+0
Only "Luxord" can equip this card. "Luxord" can equip up to 3 of these. After "Luxord" uses "Gamble," you can discard this card from play to increase the Level of the card just revealed by +3.
Equipment

XIGBAR
Level 4, 6 ATK, 2 Magic, 7HP
Instead of Challenging, you may have your opponent choose 1 of his or her Friends in play and discard it.
Player/Organization XIII

GUN ARROW
+2/+0
Only "Xigbar" can equip this card. "Xigbar" can equip up to 2 of these. When 2 are equipped, by discarding your hand, you can do 3 damage to Dark or Nobodies in play.
Equipment

SAIX
Level 3, 5 ATK, 2 Magic, 6HP
If this card loses a Challenge, put +1 counters on this card equal to the HP lost.
Player/Organization XIII

SAIX (BERSERKER FORM)
Level 6, 13 ATK, 3 Magic
When a "Saix" you have in play has 3 or more +1 counters on it, you can play this card on top of that "Saix." During the Challenge Phase, you can remove +1 counters from this card to do an additional Challenge for each one removed. If this card plays a Friend or there are no +1 counters on it, this card is discarded. At the end of your Discard Phase, remove 1 +1 counter from this card.
Player/Organization XIII/FC

CLAYMORE
+4/+0
Only "Saix" can equip this card. When this card is played, put 1 +1 counter on the "Saix" it is equipped on.
Equipment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the Other Nobody Cards as well:

GAMBLER
Level 2, POW 10
[Comes into Play] You may discard 1 "Player/FC" Card in play that does not have an Equipment Card attached to it. If the player that played this card is "Luxord," "Luxord" may uses its "Gamble" special effect one additional time.

DANCER
Level 2, POW 12
If you discard this card from play, you may return 1 Level 1 or lower Friend from your opponent's Friend Area to its owner's hand. If the player that played this card is "Demyx," draw 1 additional card during your Draw Phase.

SNIPER
Level 4, POW 13
[Comes Into Play] If the player that played this card is "Xigbar," draw 1 card.
A player that has 0 cards hand at the beginning of his or her Draw Phase reduces his or her HP by 1.

BERSERKER
Level 5, 22 POW
[Comes into Play] Put a +1 counter on a "Saix" in play.
"Saix" can play this card, ignoring its Level. This card is discarded at the end of your opponent's turn.

------------------------------------------------------------

More Equipments:

HIDDEN DRAGON
(Land of the Dragons)
+2/+0
This card can only be Equipped by a Player/Light, and only when you have an "Emperor" in your Friend Position. For each Dark or Nobody you defeat during Battle, you may draw 1 card.
Equipment

MONOCHROME
(Timeless River)
+0/+0
This card can only be Equipped by a Timeless River "Sora." Once during your Action Phase, you may choose a number up to or less than your current HP. Reduce your HP and the POW of all Dark and Nobodies at your world equal to the chosen number. A Dark or Nobody reduced to 0 POW or less is immediately defeated and discarded.
Equipment

GULLWING
(Oblivion Castle)
+2/+0
This card can only be Equipped by a Player/Light. If Equipped on a "Sora (Valor Form)", even if a Challenge is not won, that "Sora (Valor Form)" doesn't have to be discarded.
Equipment

WAY TO THE DAWN
+4/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light "Riku." If you win a Challenge, your opponent's HP is reduced by an additional 1. During either player's Action Time or during a Challenge, if your opponent plays a card that increases his/her HP, you may discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of that card, and discard it.
Equipment

RUMBLING ROSE
(Beast Castle)
+1/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light, and is played with 1 +1 counter on it. Each time you remove a +1 counter from this card, do 1 damage to a Dark or Nobody in play.
Equipment

FOLLOW THE WIND
(Port Royal)
+3/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light. When played, you may put 1 Port Royal Friend, Dark or Nobody from your discard pile into your hand.
Equipment

SWEET MEMORIES
(100 Acre Wood)
+0/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light. The Equipped Player's Attack and Magic Values become 0. When you lose a Challenge, for each 1 card you discard from your hand, you can negate a reduction of 1 HP.
Equipment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, and here's the other King just for good measure, lol.

THE KING
Level 0, 30 ATK, 0 Magic
[Limit 1]
When your Player/Light is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, set your HP to 1, discard all Friends (including Magic/Friends), Dark Cards, Nobodies and Equipment cards in play, and play this card on top of your Player/Light. At the end of the Discard Phase of your turn, this card is discarded.
Player/Light/FC

HOLY FRICKIN SNAPS!! ME WANTZ!!

Augh!! Gullwings will be amazin!! 'N Sweet Memories?! I love it! Where's my Winnie the Pooh lvl 1?? He's my new best friend!! AUGH!!! This is great!!

I am SO lookin forward to this next set!! WOO!!

...can has cards, pweeze?

Mr Dawn,

I want that "Mysterious Boy" card. ^.^ At least I could give him Kingdom key then.
These cards give us something to look forward too.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Mr Dawn,

I want that "Mysterious Boy" card. ^.^ At least I could give him Kingdom key then.

You couldn't. it states that it can only be equipped with Oathkeeper and Oblivion

Roxas said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Mr Dawn,

You couldn't. it states that it can only be equipped with Oathkeeper and Oblivion

My bad. We'll blame this error on lack of sleep, or just being tired at the moment. Thanks for the save. Still want it though. Maybe it'll be a promo instead???

I thought I remember hearing of a Roxas that could play Player XIII cards as friends as well as Samurai (and possible other nobodies). I could see that Roxas equipping the Kingdom Key since he used it for 3/4 of 358/2 days until he gained dual wielding (seriously no one say anything specific about this game, I will kill since it was ruined [mostly for me] and I need something that'll surprised me), but more than likely it would just be Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

riku gets stupid with way to dawn.

hopefully they introduce more equipment hate by the time this these cards are released.

Abu is kind of equipment hate enough.....

Discards any equipment.... :

Great translations! I wish that FFG would add cards instead of taking some out, because I've really wanted to see a Marluxia, Zexion, or Larxene card, but so far, I know of none...

Swordsman_Joe said:

riku gets stupid with way to dawn.

hopefully they introduce more equipment hate by the time this these cards are released.

Lemme see... *pulls up Dawn quote*

WayToTheDawn said:

RIKU
Level 3, 6 ATK, 0 Magic, 6HP
At the beginning of the game, you may equip 1 "Way to the Dawn" onto this card from your deck, then shuffle your deck. If a "Way to the Dawn" is equipped on this card, draw 1 additional card during your Draw Phase.
Player/Light

WAY TO THE DAWN
+4/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light "Riku." If you win a Challenge, your opponent's HP is reduced by an additional 1. During either player's Action Time or during a Challenge, if your opponent plays a card that increases his/her HP, you may discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of that card, and discard it.
Equipment

Umm... I see these cards as a World Runner's NIGHTMARE... no more magic up, or Tink's up. Is like an instant-Merlin, granted you have a hand.

Though, question, Mr. Dawn (along with anyone who'd like to throw their opinion in): Couldn't Way To The Dawn potentially prevent a player from playin a world card (due to the player gainin a HP from playin the world)? 'N if so... ouch?

Somewhere, somehow, somewhen, I know there'll be a rulin on the card, so I'd rather throw out a question ahead of time to let people think bout it now.

As much as it would destroy WR...I'd have to say yes.

If you take the card AS PRINTED(even though we all know this doesn't mean ANYTHING lol), it says "whenever a player plays a card that increases their HP blah blah blah Owned" Since worlds count as a card that increases your HP, then...well...umm...WR will officially be dead next set, lol.

...or it'd force WR to run 3 Abus at all times...one of the two. Something tells me though FFG will gimp Way to the Dawn...I just feel it.

Aw, snaps!

It's gonna be entertainin to play around with Riku now. Though, for him to be effective, it'd require him holdin onto cards, so he'd be focus'd partly on draw.

Gosh, the ideas already... there will be much equipment hate, certainly.

WayToTheDawn said:

As much as it would destroy WR...I'd have to say yes.

If you take the card AS PRINTED(even though we all know this doesn't mean ANYTHING lol), it says "whenever a player plays a card that increases their HP blah blah blah Owned" Since worlds count as a card that increases your HP, then...well...umm...WR will officially be dead next set, lol.

...or it'd force WR to run 3 Abus at all times...one of the two. Something tells me though FFG will gimp Way to the Dawn...I just feel it.

I know how they'd do it as well :P A World card doesn't state that it increases your HP when played, the HP gain is a mere rules mechanic that happens as a result of the World being played.

Choitz said:

Aw, snaps!

It's gonna be entertainin to play around with Riku now. Though, for him to be effective, it'd require him holdin onto cards, so he'd be focus'd partly on draw.

Gosh, the ideas already... there will be much equipment hate, certainly.

Simple enough. Introduce a rule that limits the amount of equipment per decks.

Trothael said:

Wouldn't that be the 'only 3 of each card, blah blah blah' rule? Or would you think they'd put a [Limit 1] on the card..

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

Wouldn't that be the 'only 3 of each card, blah blah blah' rule? Or would you think they'd put a [Limit 1] on the card..

If they gimped it that way I'd be seriously ticked, cause then if you lose it to an Abu, then it might as well be game over.

well wat to the dawn negates life gain cards, a world doesnt state life gaining in its txt, its in the rule book that says you gain a life for playing a world so I think the world doesnt give you a life the rules of the game do and way to the dawn, no matter how cool and i want to use iot so riku comes back cuz he is the true aggro man, cannot negate the rules can it?

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

Quite probably not [Limit 1], as that's uber-nerfing. However, limiting the total number of equipment cards per deck would fix that. Instead of being able to put in as many as you like, instead you can have a maximum of, say, 6 equipment cards in your deck, they can be any equipment cards but now you can't run a stupid amount of equipment cards in a deck.

Or there's changing the game mechanics. Have a side-deck of sorts for Equipment that you can only draw into under certain circumstances.

Those are my ideas anyway, I'm not saying they're any good, but it's what comes to mind.

Trothael said:

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

Quite probably not [Limit 1], as that's uber-nerfing. However, limiting the total number of equipment cards per deck would fix that. Instead of being able to put in as many as you like, instead you can have a maximum of, say, 6 equipment cards in your deck, they can be any equipment cards but now you can't run a stupid amount of equipment cards in a deck.

Or there's changing the game mechanics. Have a side-deck of sorts for Equipment that you can only draw into under certain circumstances.

Those are my ideas anyway, I'm not saying they're any good, but it's what comes to mind.

having more than 4-6 equipments is somewhat of a stupid moves at this point, Olympia, Oblivion, Kingdom Key (though I don't like this card), and, although I don't like this card either, Oathkeeper are the only ones worth playing at the current time and even with the addition of Way To The Daw, Riku have 2 equipment cards that are affective (Olympia and WttD) thus far.

I'm just really looking forward to that new Riku, and Way to the Dawn. <3

Spirit of Xehanort said:

I'm just really looking forward to that new Riku, and Way to the Dawn. <3

You and me both sir...you and me both. ^_________^

While you guys look forward to those two I will look forward to Master Sora and the GullWing Gang! More so Rikku from the Gullwings lol everybody loves a form of Rikku/Riku lmao except for Rikuo in UFS lol

Out of curiosity, I was wonder what does the Stitch magic/friend card do? If you do have any info about it.

I'm surprised that there's no Xemnas or Marluxia player cards of them. Luxord has a very nice effect combination with his equipment and nobody respectively.

Xenmas I was suprised to not find a card of though Marluxia was kinda not pushing towards a card since all the CoM characters aren't player cards, which doesnt make since since this was made based of that games idea of cards lol, except Axel but he was in KH2.

And Stitch I wouldnt know but I have his card just not very good at translating at the moment lol.

Also, aside of the Stitch card, what about the Y*R*P cards as well? The Gullwings trio ;)

well i forget all there effects seperately but i vaguely remember it. But basically they work with the Gullwing equipment when its out on the field and you can attach Rikku, Paine, and Yuna to the Gullwing for added effects. Like Paine adds more attack, Rikku i think allows more draw power, and Yuna i think may have added little attack and maybe some magic help. But I cant remember them all exactly but they were mainly good for sora valor aggro cause the gullwing allowed Valor Sora to not be discarded if it lost a challenge.