Control deck ideas (and others too!)

By Zeede2, in Gummi Garage

Hey folks, I have a WR deck, a Dark Aggro deck and my original deck which is a Riku Aggro deck, but designed against WR decks. I've been thinking of shifting it over to more of a Control deck, but I haven't much experience w/ these. Any tips? Are Control decks better as JoaT, WR or Aggro?

Also regarding Aggro decks, my Riku Aggro deck has a good number of Dark cards in order to stall people on their worlds so I can beat them down. Obviously, these Dark cards are mostly dead draws against a pure Aggro deck. Is there any way to avoid this, or is it just a matter of Rock/Paper/Scissors?

Cameron

Aggro control is usually the way to go. The decks used to run the ducks, and extensive card draw, but that's not really doable right now, thanks to Phil/Owl. As to Dark Cards, you'll want to decrease them to ones of maximum effectiveness. Behemoth, Cerberus, Parasite Cage (maybe), Stealth Sneak (maybe).

Monstro lvl 1 is the best control card, along with Phil and Owl.

Hmm, so even huge hitpoint cards like Hydra, or Friend denial cards like Hades or Maleficent (non-Dragon) should be avoided?

Also, the Olympia equipment card makes it really attractive to run Olympus Coliseums so you can have that tasty +6. Monstro would counter act this.

Suggestions? I ask because Valor Form Sora is really the way to go, IMO, compared to Riku + 3x Soul Eater.

Cameron

Zeede said:

Hmm, so even huge hitpoint cards like Hydra, or Friend denial cards like Hades or Maleficent (non-Dragon) should be avoided?

Also, the Olympia equipment card makes it really attractive to run Olympus Coliseums so you can have that tasty +6. Monstro would counter act this.

Suggestions? I ask because Valor Form Sora is really the way to go, IMO, compared to Riku + 3x Soul Eater.

Cameron

Valor Form is definitely the way to go

Hydra is nice, but Cerberus, Cave of Wonders Guardian, Behemoth, Barbossa + Panic are the best ways to go right now

Who or what is Panic?

Also, what about standbys like Gargoyle? Gargoyle + Phil is pretty evil too. I've also been a fan of Captain Hook as it shuts down Peter Pan.

Cameron

Zeede said:

Who or what is Panic?

Also, what about standbys like Gargoyle? Gargoyle + Phil is pretty evil too. I've also been a fan of Captain Hook as it shuts down Peter Pan.

Cameron

But Peter Pan of any level looks at the Gargoyle and laughs...and Hook is alright...but I think there's better options now.

you wanna use a good villain you use the Booger Man( Oogie Boogie) he takes out jack and taht is the corner stone of beast and herc combos. With the Booger out they won't be able to get you high lvl darks with those annoying beasts. also Panic is a new card from set for that forces your opponent to shuffle their discard pile back into their deck and since Barbosa does what Capn Pete does( the player who shuffles their deck loses 1 life) Its a forced life loss but imo its very situational

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

you wanna use a good villain you use the Booger Man( Oogie Boogie) he takes out jack and taht is the corner stone of beast and herc combos. With the Booger out they won't be able to get you high lvl darks with those annoying beasts. also Panic is a new card from set for that forces your opponent to shuffle their discard pile back into their deck and since Barbosa does what Capn Pete does( the player who shuffles their deck loses 1 life) Its a forced life loss but imo its very situational

eh, I almost won the game with it and both are villains so Hercules/Beast don't affect them.