X-Factor Super Duper Rare card!

By Zeede2, in Hollow Bastion

So, I bought a box of Break of Dawn, and one of my boosters had a card that stood out from all the others. The back had the regular Kingdom Hearts blue logo, but the front was all white with a large black "X". I counted the booster pack, and I got 9 cards and this one.

Anyone hear of this happening before?

Cameron

This is a pretty rare occurance and is highly saught after card. I've only heard of like 3 people on here ever having one.

But there is no reason for it to be highly saught after. It has no actual value to the game, and is an accident that it got to you. It would be like buying a new movie and ending up with a blank dvd. It's pretty rare al right, but that doesn't really give it value.

The key is managing to pawn it off on someone who thinks that that gives it value.

My friend said I should use it like a Wild Card and put a sticker on it w/ the card I want it to be. The other guys there agreed it wouldn't hurt anything so long as I had something on it saying what it was BEFORE I drew it in a game.

Cameron

The Black X Card is a card printed at the end of every set. Once the printing machine(s) are done printing one set, a black X card gets printed out, but only 1. For this reason, many people here classify it as a missalaneous card, like the Tip Cards, in which it is a Kingdom Hearts TCG card, but they can't be used in a game.

P.S. It is actually pretty saught after, I got mine a couple months back when it first was discovered, and when it wasn't worth much but a couple R's, nowadays, some people would only trade commons for it and some who want a "complete" set (to them, a complete one would mean having this card), may be willing to trade 1-2 SR's for it (I doubt a SRU though).

Try trading it if you want, or keeping it, but I don't think you can use it too play, because what I could do it just completely draw permanent black marker over all my cards, and put stickers on them of the rarest and best cards in the set that are hard to get, and make an awesome deck by only buying a couple packs, and that is unfair. The point of buying these card packs is too try to find the card you want to make a good deck, and using the black X card as a cheat I don't think would be fair. You could probly use it in your local games, but if you ever want to go to any FFG tournaments to get promos, that would be most likely banned.

If you don't want it, if FFG is like other companies you can contact them and they will send you a replacement pack if you send them the card. I don't know though.

did you say an all white card with a Black X? because if thats the exact case then come check out my trade threrad if yu want to trade it because id like to have it.

Darkwing Duck said:

did you say an all white card with a Black X? because if thats the exact case then come check out my trade threrad if yu want to trade it because id like to have it.

Thats true, most of those cards are black with a white X, that card would be special if it had a black X with a white background. Come check out my thread too if that is the case, but check DW's first since he posted first.

Yeah I got one with a black background and white X. The card itself also seems thinner than my other cards.

I stuck it in a binder next to the promo cards that I have. But if it's so rare you could probably trade it for another card. I'm not sure what someone else would be willing to part with in order to get that, though.

It generally depends on the person that you trade it with. Those who just want too collect every card would trade more for it, compared too those who just want to improve their decks, because when it comes too a deck, that card is worthless...in a collection, not so much. However, I doubt to even a collector that you could trade it for a SR card, unless they wanted it really badly. I never got one, but I traded 1 R card for it, so I couldn't say it is worth too much, but I'm not sure how wanted it is nowadays.

that cvards junk and counted as the rare in one of my packs when i was drafting i took it too even out the draft and ended up tarding it for a soul eater and i couldnt have been happier. pullin a promo in a pack=good pullin the stupid X card=waste of money

I remember that Soul Eater I gave you...good times....good times....thanks for that X card again though...

I should thank you I really needed a soul eater and people back then werent trading em. id trade that X card for almost anything on my wants without hesitation

Do you collect mainly for a collection or decks? I thought you mainly were a collector so I was shocked at first to find that you would trade it...

I use the X cards as (as much as I hate doin this...) proxy cards. It's quite useful that way.

im a collector and a deck builder i like to have everything to make all deck possibilities if i want too the X card is useless i only want cards in the acutal games not stuff that is essentially garbage. it might as well be a piece of paper saying "We owe you one REAL card"

I would love it if it actually said that...that would be so hilarious...

or even better " We Screwed up, Sorry-FFG" and then a little ashamed smiley face because they should be ashamed for short changing me in that pack! thats right FFG i havent and never will forget it!

It would be nice if it was worth how rare it is, and it said:

"Please mail to FFG and pick a card from the set you want in return..."

Cool and Interesting tid-bit I found out about these X-Cards during GenCon.

They are reffered to as "Death Cards" by the company and manufacturer.

WayToTheDawn said:

Death cards... really? We understand them to be known as 'End of Production' cards, but 'Death Cards'...? Really?

What, did the card that was originally goin to be on it died in the process of bein made, 'n a lil X was its last memory or summin?

I call it the Official Proxy Card. Its X stands for whatever card you want it to be. It's more fun this way.

WayToTheDawn said:

Can we write someone's name on it while thinking of their face and put a time and cause?

Card_Breaker said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Can we write someone's name on it while thinking of their face and put a time and cause?

No its nots a Death Note, Death Cards are different. You play someone in a battle and when you draw it you place it on the field and if you win the match your opponent dies. There has to be some effort then just writing some words down on paper, you have to draw some cards and have luck instead lol

Actually, I believe that it is a death card, because the first person who found one was found dead with a black jacket on and a white x over his chest...dun dunn dunnnnn!!!

What about Racer X and something from Speed Racer? Lmao