First FFG Troll-Scenario

By selbuorT2, in Battlelore

Hiho!

I have one little question to the news Troll-Scenario #54:

It seems, that the troll belongs to the english site, right?
Well, in the war council you have to place 2 Token for the commander with Level 2. So 1 Level to go...

Isn't it right, that the english site have to place the last token to beast in the war council?
Well I miss that in the scenario description. Must be mapped there, I think.

My understanding of the rules would be the same, yes. The creature token really should have just been prined along with the commander since there shouldn't be a choice for the English.

What choice would people think is the bast for the French final level on the War Council?

Furelli

I will play it:

English level2 Commander + Troll + 3 free war council levels (total of 6 levels)

French level2 Commander + 3 free war council levels (total of 5 levels)

Not giving the English any war council and the French only one level seems a bit stingy. And IMHO, giving the English one more level is balanced by the French allied Iron Dwarfes.

CasualPlayer said:

I will play it:

English level2 Commander + Troll + 3 free war council levels (total of 6 levels)

French level2 Commander + 3 free war council levels (total of 5 levels)

Not giving the English any war council and the French only one level seems a bit stingy. And IMHO, giving the English one more level is balanced by the French allied Iron Dwarfes.

If that's what was intended, then the scenario needs to be cleaned up a bit. As it reads now it is Level 2 Commander and Level 1 Troll for the English, Level 2 Commander and one choice for the WC. Not sure if that was what was intended, but seeing as how this looks to be a quick and dirty adventure, seems appropriate.

For the French side I would take a Wizard and hope for Magic Missiles or Eagle Eye (or both :) ) to find their way into my hand sooner rather than later.

The Pennant camp has 3 levels to use on its War Council. The Pennant Commander (John Gaunt) is at level 2 and to field the Troll is 1 level. The Pennant camp will not have another member on its War Council. The Standard camp has 3 levels to use on its War Council. The Standard Commander (Olivier de Clisson) is at level 2. The Standard camp still has 1 level to field another member on its War Council.

Enjoy!

Richard Borg

Thanks Mr Borg!

We just finished playing this and found it to be great fun !!

I have been into this game from the first cryptic mentions of it and have loved every minute. I am very glad you and FFG are working together on keeping Battlelore going. I think its going to be seeing a lot of my table time this Winter.

Bring on the Heroes !

Rgs

Decaramas.

Hi Mr Borg,

well, than the last token of the Pennant-Banner should be placed as a creauter-token at the war-council - already on the scenario terms for the war-council, shouldn't it?

Maybe it will be missunderstood by new players...

What is your opinion about the strength of the troll. I'll tested the two epic scenarios of "For Troll & Country" over here in Munich.
We think, that the Troll is very strong - maybe to strong vor close combat. The only way could be to attack the Troll with crossbowes or with archers.
Or your Infantry take cover in a wood. But that seems not the easiest way to get the troll...

The Troll is one heck of a Beast, but there are ways to take down this creature and that, is in my opinion, the best part of BattleLore, trying to discover a method to overcome a problem whether it be a beast like a Troll, Dragon, or how to best use a new type of troop or Army that is introduce…

Lots of fun problems to solve in the future!

Richard Borg

Oh you sneaky devil you!! demonio.gif

Battlelore buzz at last!!

Richard Borg said:

Lots of fun problems to solve

This is the aspect of C&C games I most enjoy.

Richard Borg said:

...in the future!

and these I look forward to :)

That's just plain cruel !!!

:)

What is? I don't see anything cruel. Nice to see Richerd borg on here though.

I'm just looking forward to more Battlelore! Thanks Mr. Borg!