Best Deck?

By Fairbanks, in Gummi Garage

Sora_Yagami said:

Fairbanks said:

As to who I'd rather listen to, it's the Internet, and the KHTCG forums at that. I'll listen to you, Roxas, Dutpotd, Troth. Maybe Darkwing or Umbreon (can't remember his handle on here), and that's it. I read it, but I take most with a grain of salt, because these are people who decry that an entire victory condition is "dead." I just use equal amounts of hyperbole in my belief that Phil is hardly the doom of the beautiful machine known as Stopra :)

He by no means is, there are just better cards to run...

Better cards than Stopra? Really? Okay, I'll bite. List them in order of drawing efficiency.

Fairbanks said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Fairbanks said:

As to who I'd rather listen to, it's the Internet, and the KHTCG forums at that. I'll listen to you, Roxas, Dutpotd, Troth. Maybe Darkwing or Umbreon (can't remember his handle on here), and that's it. I read it, but I take most with a grain of salt, because these are people who decry that an entire victory condition is "dead." I just use equal amounts of hyperbole in my belief that Phil is hardly the doom of the beautiful machine known as Stopra :)

He by no means is, there are just better cards to run...

Better cards than Stopra? Really? Okay, I'll bite. List them in order of drawing efficiency.

Consider also that you have to run casters for stopra, removal for phil, worlds and stopra itself. so considering that you have to use slots for all those cards just to play one doesn't really seem worth it in a meta-game infested with monstro. The reason it was good before was because there was no good way to control the field. Monstro cripples the draw power of it by limiting slots on the field. A lot of builds now don't need the draw power because of Mickey, Destiny Islands and other good search cards that are more effecient than draw power. Control builds it's control fort then only needs a few cards to maintain and hold down the fort.

Sluppie said:

It would really be nice if Dark Aggro could be viable against Light Aggro. But as a Light Aggro player going against Dark Riku I could pwn the opponent in 2 turns with Kingdom Key alone. But then there's Air Pirate for equipment hate....

Actually Dark Decks have a very nice advantage between Lock, Shock, and Barrel. Basically gives you 11 Support value every turn that can't be Tidus'd and can survive a Monstro. Add that to Dark Riku's 8 attack value and you've got 19 total attack value every turn. Some people have been saying that maybe Dark Decks deserve a second look. Maybe they do...

I'm pretty sure Lock, Shock and Barrel only stay in play after a battle , not a challenge. They'd be good for a Dark WR, though...

I've found the absolute best deck. But it's so cheap and horrible and so game breaking that I don't even want to post it here where everyone can see it. Let's just say that if we get a new ruling which limits draw power somehow... it's my fault. :D

This thread is over.

For those who are wondering, the Ultimate Deck is an Aggro deck. And I've posted it on the Heart forums for anyone who wants to see it. At least there I can edit the build out of the post should I desire to hide it later.

Sluppie said:

I've found the absolute best deck. But it's so cheap and horrible and so game breaking that I don't even want to post it here where everyone can see it. Let's just say that if we get a new ruling which limits draw power somehow... it's my fault. :D

This thread is over.

For those who are wondering, the Ultimate Deck is an Aggro deck. And I've posted it on the Heart forums for anyone who wants to see it. At least there I can edit the build out of the post should I desire to hide it later.

You're assumptions are fundamentally wrong and I think you're misreading cards. Also, you're welcome.

Fairbanks said:

I'd rather be confident and be wrong than lack confidence and be right, you know?

Yeah... see... that's what I said.

And now I just look like an idiot.

Sluppie said:

Fairbanks said:

I'd rather be confident and be wrong than lack confidence and be right, you know?

The weaker part of you died.

Now you are stronger.

Sluppie said:

Fairbanks said:

Better to look like an idiot than to be one. Also, experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted. It's a good thing to be wrong sometimes :)

Sluppie said:

Fairbanks said:

It's alright sir...I've looked like an idiot on here numerous times, and I'm still loved and respected...I think...

^_^ '

Thanks for not being too harsh...

And WttD: You're respected by me at least, and Roxas as well as others have indicated similar respect on several occasions. :D

To note: I've made adjustments to my idea and... it still works. I'm just not sure if it's the "Best Deck" or not since it may take many turns in order to set up the Infinite Draw Trick. Add that to the fact that it can be countered by certain cards, and it most certainly isn't an "I Win" deck. But once it's set up, it still owns pretty hard.

But i'll leave it on the Heart Forums so it can be contested/revised further. I plan on making this a viable strat if I can, if for nothing else but kicks. The fact that it can utterly destroy a deck that takes too long to win, but still counts as an Aggro Deck, automatically makes it awesome to me.

The dark aggro deck can beat you in about two turns two if you think about it, x3 barbosa drop panic there is three lives win with a soul eater you just took five next turn you drop another panic and shake you opponents hand for a nice game

Ouch Anarchy.

That would hurt.

That might actually put Dark Riku on the map.

I still stand by my IDT though.

You're assuming that they have no answer for this. And that they'll have gained no HP by the time you can drop a lvl 5 dark card (specifically, 3 of them from your deck). And they don't have Monstro out already.

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

The dark aggro deck can beat you in about two turns two if you think about it, x3 barbosa drop panic there is three lives win with a soul eater you just took five next turn you drop another panic and shake you opponents hand for a nice game

I've actually done this. It's very situtional since it requires you to draw into those cards before they have gained much HP or finished you off or close to it with friend control.

I'm actually quite surprised people are realizin this now. I've been buildin this concept of a Dark Deck for quite a while. Ever since I first read Barbossa 'n Panic, really, so since I first got my box. It's a brilliant strategy, but didn't have the power to get the cards out that I wanted right away.

Then we had the rulin on Wishin Lamp (the whole Pegasus/Herc/Meg/Hades text issue. It fits in the same boat). Once we got our moderated rulin on the text, a whole new world open'd up to dark cards: Agrabah draw. Once we had BouncyWild 'n Angel Star included, we could also draw for every Agrabah card in the new set, makin a Dark Deck more plausable. My deck concept then flew!

Now, what one problem did the Dark Deck come across? Monstro lvl 1. How to play out a deck that needs as many friends in their friend area to generate power when you're limited to 3? A simple solution: Black Fungus + White Mushroom. Yes, it's a one time deal, considerin by the time your opponent's turn arrives, Monstro's effect kicks right back in. But you play the combo the one turn you're absolutely certain to draw 'n draw until you're friend field is fill'd 'n you've the combo set. 3 Barbossa's, 1 Panic play'd, Parasite Cage ******'d up a card on your opponent's side, Hades, Hook, Oogie, 'n Mal on your side for friend control, etc. Whatever cards you have to make certain that you can stop them from killin the White Mushroom. Then, settle in with a challenge, tryin to Soul Eater their health away.

This is all situational 'n hypothetical, but a Dark Deck is really fun to play. A really good Dark Deck is even able to go Aggro very well, if you so desire to play with certain cards.

Either or, a Dark Deck is purely experimental, 'n I've been playin 'n playtestin with it for a LONG time now (ever since they made Dark Player cards, actually..). I KNOW Dark Decks really well, 'n think they have the potential to do World Runnin. Only one card stops this possibility, though. Stealth Sneak. I am more than certain there is a way to get by it, but I really have to think 'n find it. I know it's starin me in the face. I will find it one day.

In the mean time, enjoy a good game with a Dark Deck. It really does carry potential, 'n is really fun to play around with, especially with the wide array of cards to tinker around with now.

well everyone else is assuming a to turn kingdom key aggro is more l;ikely but thats situational too but considered the support dark decks gained in this set mainly the new EotW and Bit Snipers new effect makes it very well, if you build the deck right you can see the results possibly within the first three turns, there are ansers to life gain plus doing five a turn there isnt much life gain they can do to come back from that. Opening hand could be EotW, Bit Sniper any number of barbosa and maybe some Jank stuff but it doesnt matter cuz your prime to finish them in about three turns, the earlier the better so they might hurt themselves with destiny islands and king searches

Choitz has pointed out something that has really changed this game quite a bit.

Between the huge draw power this set offers, the ability to do tons of HP damage per turn, and the ability to clear a whole friend zone in one turn... A lot can happen in a single turn. Critical combos and game-ending events can happen just with a single lucky draw. And if you can't defend against the onslaught... well...

It's by no means the same game anymore. We should probably figure out what a good deck is before we try to understand what a great deck is, let alone the best. The difference between set 2 and set 3 isn't as huge as the difference between set 3 and set 4, I guess.

Sluppie said:

Choitz has pointed out something that has really changed this game quite a bit.

Between the huge draw power this set offers, the ability to do tons of HP damage per turn, and the ability to clear a whole friend zone in one turn... A lot can happen in a single turn. Critical combos and game-ending events can happen just with a single lucky draw. And if you can't defend against the onslaught... well...

It's by no means the same game anymore. We should probably figure out what a good deck is before we try to understand what a great deck is, let alone the best. The difference between set 2 and set 3 isn't as huge as the difference between set 3 and set 4, I guess.

'N now yer almost at the same thought level that I'm at. Welcome to the entrance exam for 'Thinkin like Choitz; 101'. Please set your Real Life at the door, 'n pick up extra imagination on your way in. Do note that if you are caught cheatin, you will be punish'd, prolly with a cold slap of reality. Do also note that thinkin outside the box is encouraged.

Oh, 'n you're on a timer. Best of luck!

Choitz said:

thinkin outside the box is encouraged.

Here's some thinkin' outside of a box. As you can see, there is a box above this text containing the idea for thinking outside of a box, and I have placed it in a box through thought AND these noted thoughts are outside of the afore-mentioned box!

AREN'T I CLEVER.

Trothael said:

AREN'T I CLEVER.

Sometimes I worry bout you, mate.

Then I shrug it off 'n laugh at the situation.

Quite entertainin, certainly.

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

AREN'T I CLEVER.

Excellent, let your hatred consume you. Turn to the Dark Side. [/Emperor]

Trothael said:

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

AREN'T I CLEVER.

Turn to?! Whaaaaaat?? Nonononono.. you are mistaken, my friend.

I've been very much on the Dark Side. Lookit my Dark Deck. It's meant to kill, whether slowly, or quickly. However I decide.

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

Choitz said:

Trothael said:

AREN'T I CLEVER.

Turn to?! Whaaaaaat?? Nonononono.. you are mistaken, my friend.

I've been very much on the Dark Side. Lookit my Dark Deck. It's meant to kill, whether slowly, or quickly. However I decide.

Oh...bloody hell...errr....FORCE LIGHTNING! *Vanishes in an electrical storm*