Gaming Convention looking for a few good Dark Heresy GMs!

By crow10, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hi,

I'm on the event team for an annual gaming convention based in Providence, Rhode Island called TempleCon ( http://www.templecon.org/ ). The convention has a great deal of 40k action that goes on during the weekend, but this year some have asked if we'd be showcasing any Dark Heresy as well on our role playing schedule.

So I figured I'd check here to see if any interested DH GM's near the area would be interested in coming out and running some games for us during the weekend on February 6-8th, 2009. Either full weekend campaigns or one-shots would probably draw a lot of interest. I also think we could talk with FFG about getting some swag to give away as well.

As for the convention itself, it's a great time, in a pretty amazing venue, and staffed by some fun people. Check out the website above for more info, hit the event proposal page , or shoot me an email with your ideas.

Thanks!

Providence is a great town! If I was still working there during the work week I would definitely sign up (it would be fun to run in person for a change).

Alas, it's something of a haul from Georgia. Hope you get some volunteers though.

I would be interested. You would have to fly me there from the UK though lengua.gif

(These smileys seem far too happy... they scare me!)

I live in Maine, so if you could manage to find a place for me to crash and possibly Train fare down and back (but I may be able to get that myself) I wouldn't mind running a game for you guys. I run for groups of 4-6, max of 8 players and I've been running Dark Heresy since it came out, WFRP for years before that and I've been running Paranoia for nearly 15 years so if you need either an ad lib from the book adventure or an semi-improv one I'm up for either.

I also play 40k so I am glad to hear about the Con regardless.

aethel said:

Providence is a great town! If I was still working there during the work week I would definitely sign up (it would be fun to run in person for a change).

Alas, it's something of a haul from Georgia. Hope you get some volunteers though.

:)

bjorntfh said:

I live in Maine, so if you could manage to find a place for me to crash and possibly Train fare down and back (but I may be able to get that myself) I wouldn't mind running a game for you guys. I run for groups of 4-6, max of 8 players and I've been running Dark Heresy since it came out, WFRP for years before that and I've been running Paranoia for nearly 15 years so if you need either an ad lib from the book adventure or an semi-improv one I'm up for either.

I also play 40k so I am glad to hear about the Con regardless.

Fire off an email with what days/what time you would like to organize the events, and any other details or ideas you can think of to [email protected] or just use the event submission form off the website here . After that, one of the folks who handle the table logistics will get back to ya, and we'll see about getting you down here to run some DH.

I'll also get in touch with our FFG contact and see if we can get you hooked up with some promo stuff to give away during the event.

Again, thanks a ton for the offer. I've been hoping that we'd find a way to get some Dark Heresy added to the roleplaying schedule, since I think folks are going to be crazy about it this year. It really is a great game.

Crow said:

I head down to DragonCon in Atlanta (another fun town!) every year or so, and it's quite a trip.

Reach out to me if you come next year. Always nice to talk shop live with another DH fan.