How Long to play?

By alansa, in Age of Conan

In your experience, what are the average playing times for this game? (after getting fairly familiar with the rules)

about 2h and a half... 4 players.

I've played twice with some new players each time. Not counting any rules explanation, the first game took about 2.5 hours for 2 ages with 3 players, and the second game took about 3.5 hours for a full game with 4 players. I've heard first-time games lasted 5-6 hours...I really don't know what they were doing. Reading the rules as they went along maybe?

Can't wait to play it again.

Columbob said:

Reading the rules as they went along maybe?

I do hear people say that they've done that. For me, there is no way in hell I would ever do that. Most of my gaming is with FFG games, so that goes doubly cool.gif .

My games usually last from 2.30 to 3.30 hours. Some of them only 2 hourse, some more than 4, depending on new players, concentration levels, nÂș of players, etc.

But my standard play-time would be 3 hours.

Most of the games I've played with experienced players, someone has attempted to crown Conan in the third age, ending the game early. On average, these games tend to run 3-3.5 hours with 3 or 4 players.

Add 30 minutes to those games where no one has attempted to crown Conan