Optional Rules and Ideas

By Sythlin, in Anima: The Card Game

Hey guys,

So my group has been just started playing this game and as we have been playing it we have been coming up with a couple rules that would be cool to add. Currently we only have 1 right now since we only got through 4 turns since we only played it once to get to know how the turns play out. We will be playing more though and will wanna complete 1 game with the base rules and then see what we can do.

My optional Rule.

So there is a optional rule in the back which says that if you roll a 6, you are able to roll another 6 sixed die and append them onto eachother which I personally think that is kinda harsh and way overpowered. What I was thinking, if you roll a 6, you have the option to roll the 10 sided die, and if you get over 6 you can take the number from the 10 sided die and not the 6 sided one, if they get lower then 6 on the 10 sided die, they can either add 1 for a penetrating attack or add nothing since they missed the chance to crit. Meaning the highest "Crit" would be 10 not 12, and its not a guaranted thing. Its more or less a lucky chance to crit. Since the combat numbers are very low, you don't want them to be overpowered, especially if this will apply to player vs. player combat within the game besides creatures.

I would love to hear everyone elses optional rules that improved their overall gameplay. So far that is the only optional rule we have thought of right now, we did wanna do something else with traps but we haven't played enough to really see where we could go with it.

Syth

Also, are there any revised online Anima: BGaE rule books?

I would say just go with the extra 6 sided die. In 4 out of 6 chances you will only be adding +1 to +4 anyway. If you really want to tone down the effect, you could roll the extra six sided die and only add +4 if you roll a 4,5 or 6.