New Rogue Trader Designer Diary: Explore the Dark Frontier! A free follow-up adventure for Forsaken Bounty

By FFG Ross Watson, in Rogue Trader

Greetings Rogue Trader fans!

Since the Free RPG day Rogue Trader quick-start booklet, Forsaken Bounty, was such a big hit, I'm following it up with Dark Frontier a free, full-colour, 12-page adventure that continues the excitement!

Dark Frontier is optimized for the quick-start rules and pre-generated characters from Forsaken Bounty, but it can be played with the core rules for Rogue Trader as well. Enjoy!

awsome, my gaming group enjoyed forsaken bounty a lot.

Will try playing this at our upcoming weekend gaming session, hopefully it will go down just as well.

Cool. Will there be a hardcopy bersion of this and how can we get our grubby mitts on it if so (without crossing over to the States for it)?

Having flicked through the module, will there be any stats for Martek, Palar and Lynara? This could become especially important if the players end up with (any of) them as extra crew, or contacts after the module or they come into conflict at some point (after the tower). Also as the players could (potentially) end up with a tramp freighter to add to their nascent fleet, what do people think about this. It's also worth noting that (if they rescue) Martek should probably be expected to return to the Imperial Navy, where he has a report to file... (and some explanations to give for his prolonged absence).

Sweet, something else for me to read over for ideas. Looks very nice,

Did you folks notice the mention of a GM's Toolkit in the sidebar on page 8?

Looks like there's at least one mroe RT product coming up.

The adventure looks good, indeed.

But the layouter should get punished in the name of the god-emperor!

Black Print on a darkblue aquilla is barely readable in good light, but shure unreadable in the dim light at an rpg-table...

Lets hope that this is a one time error, and not the look of the core book.

Hi Odium,

I've looked into the issue you describe, but I'm not seeing it. The layout looks just fine on both PC's and Mac's. The file is optimized for the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, so if you are using an older version you may experience some problems.

There is only one word capable of describing this adventure: grooviefudgelicious.

I really like it: you can see how Rogue Trader will work as a system even when faced with cynical old 40K know-it-alls like myself. By INNOVATING. Everything about this adventure is true to the spirit and themes of 40k without falling back on the old ork/eldar/tyranid/chaos cult adversaries you see time and time again in the TT game. Plus it's true to the background of 40K. And it's well written. Without being over-written. And it's punchy. While leaving plenty of scope to stretch to 2-3 sessions. And it follows neatly from the last adventure. And the art's good. And it works fine on my crappy old PC.

Grooviefudgelicious is the word, for sure.

All I have to say is: awesome!

Once again, FFG provides and abides. While Forsaken Bounty was quite a straightforward starship crawl, this one is up there with Edge of Darkness in terms of sophistication.

Aside from that, ever since I saw the names Yu'vath and Bale Childer in the Calixis timeline, I was dying to know more of them. Here, finally my curiosity is somewhat sated. Great job, thumbs up.

Great. Now, waiting becomes even more intolerable... Thanks :)

@FFG Ross Watson:

I'm using Evince for Linux, maybe this is the source of the error :)

I hope I can read it when its printed.