UK Nats

By B-Rad1234, in UFS Uk Forum

Hey folks from across the pond... Have UK Nats happened yet? Cause my girlfriend's from England and wants to go visit family there... Maybe I can tag along and stop into play. Any help would be appreciated :D

Cheers,

Brad

Hey Brad

No the Nats haven't happened yet. happy.gif They will be held in Leicester on 19th and 20th September at Phoenix Games.

It would be awsome to see any of our North American bretheren at the event, the more the merrier. happy.gif

Will there be enough room at Phoenix Games to hold the nationals Steve ?..

I fecking hope so!! gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

Hey Brad

No the Nats haven't happened yet. happy.gif They will be held in Leicester on 19th and 20th September at Phoenix Games.

It would be awsome to see any of our North American bretheren at the event, the more the merrier. happy.gif

[/quote

Sorry to be a ****** Steve but to help prvent any confusiona nd make sure everyone's aware could you please make a big official thread? happy.gif

Thanks Man

Hanzo

Also B-Rad hope you come along it'd be great fun.

Splended! Well how many Airports are in fricken England, let alone close ot Leichester?

There are quite a few and I think theres one in Leicester but I dunno, Google it (Y)

B-Rad said:

Splended! Well how many Airports are in fricken England, let alone close ot Leichester?

I imagine the most likely place you would fly in from the US is into Birmingham International. I used to fly out of there to get to Newark Airport when I used to fly over to the STG offices in Memphis. Birmingham International is about a 45 minute car/taxi ride from Leicester, or you can easily get a train (there's a station at BI that you can get on that goes into Birmingham's main station, then out directly to Leicester.

Kev

Update:

Right so looking into plane tickets for the two of us and found a decent deal with Air Transat for 1500 bucks (Candian, so like 20 pounds) round trip into Manchester. I'd leave on the 18th and return on the 22nd. Two problems have arisen though:

Accomidations: Appairantly the wife doesn't have family in the immediate area of the tourney, so anyone know of any cheap lodgings.

We're arriving in Manchester: There a train or something we can hop to get to town?

Cheers folks :D

Thanks Tall... Hmm if folks are using hotels in the area, there a chance we could potentially share accomidations to alieviate (word of the day folks) some of the costs for various folks? S'what we always do going to cons and crap over here.

Another question to bring up, will Tekken be legal? I mean folks harumphed when stuff was released so close to World's a few times that it wasn't allowed.

There's a "Tekken for Nats" thread further down this page where Steve has announced that Tekken WILL be legal for nats.

Yup, Tekken will be legal. See this cat, I'm just going to throw it amongst these pigeons over here.................... gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

Yup, Tekken will be legal. See this cat, I'm just going to throw it amongst these pigeons over here.................... gran_risa.gif

That's Horrible! You can't do taht to the cat! sad.gif

ANd think about the pigeons :P

Trust me, I think the cat will be fine. The pigeons on the other hand... happy.gif

ChaosChild said:

Trust me, I think the cat will be fine. The pigeons on the other hand... happy.gif

Psh, never seen Goodfeathers? They'll be fine.

Cascade said:

ChaosChild said:

Psh, never seen Goodfeathers? They'll be fine.

Still. poor cat.

So Kazuya's legal for nats :P

Pack them Tag Alongs buddy!

Fiddlestix said:

Pack them Tag Alongs buddy!

:)

So would anyone like to do some tech talk for nationals???

Yoga Adept = anti Kazuya

Nightterror = anti Kazuya

Red Lotus = anti Kazuya

Nemesis said:

Yoga Adept = anti Kazuya

Nightterror = anti Kazuya

Red Lotus = anti Kazuya

Steel Chair = anti Kazuya player lengua.gif

there are a few other cards that will become playable when tekken is released but I don't want to give away my combos.

When is Tekken getting released again?

I'm concerned that I might not even get a chance to see a Tekken card, let alone own any before Nats... As mentioned in other posts; my girlfriend and I have to drive for 2hours to get to our local game shop and work is a bi**h at the moment.

you spoil sport dan

the problem is going to be getting a kazuyu in hand really as there will only be 3 in your deck apart from the one your using which gives you a chance just not a big one but you know i will probably be proven wrong. and anyway we still have to see the support of the set and also there are 2 other characters to see

hopefully i will make it to nats depends on finacial status really also whether i have a job by then if so whether i can get time of but we shall see