UK Nats

By B-Rad1234, in UFS Uk Forum

Fiddlestix said:

So would anyone like to do some tech talk for nationals???

I refer to a previous thread:

Speedsta said:

The entire metagame is all about promo Balrog now.

Before the bannings, Chester's Backing made it too hard to push through the damage pumps on your punches, but now that the life gain has been removed he is an aggro machine : )

I know that I'll be putting anti-Balrog tech in all of my decks. Since he can spam so many punches, Financial Distress seems like a good meta call, but as it's minimum one I'll probably still die eventually anyway.

How will everyone else deal with this threat to the environment?

I refer to another previous thread:

DrewByNature said:

So i've been building a new deck, but can't seem to find a way to get past the power of Ragnar?

I've checked all resources and have only found a sufficient lack of ways to cater for his awesomeness.

My only thought would be to run him myself, but then it's going to be a push to get past diversity at any tournaments.

.... as you can see, the forums are already full of insightful observations on the state of the current meta, which is why the play level in the UK is so high ; )

Nice one Ross ;)

We're all such good players. Those yanks don't know demonio.gif

Crazy Elf said:

you spoil sport dan

the problem is going to be getting a kazuyu in hand really as there will only be 3 in your deck apart from the one your using which gives you a chance just not a big one but you know i will probably be proven wrong. and anyway we still have to see the support of the set and also there are 2 other characters to see

hopefully i will make it to nats depends on finacial status really also whether i have a job by then if so whether i can get time of but we shall see

Slightly off topic, but have you considered mail order?

Most of the UK games shops operate a mail order service. When I was at Uni I used mail order extensively to sate my ccg fix.

Doubtless other people will link games shops, but Patriot Games in Sheffield offers a mail order service I've personally used before, loads of times.

http://www.patriotgames.ltd.uk/store/ or tel 0114 273 1762

yea its great we are competitive yet we make jokes doing lol. It was funny playing agaist i bleieve fiddlestix in the last regional that happened and i did somin then we were messing about how i should be disqualified lol over something like draw one to many cards or somin like that at the start then the rest of the game was just joke after joke but playing to the best of are abilities which how that works i have no idea but it has to be one of the funniest games i have had

Crazy Elf said:

the problem is going to be getting a kazuyu in hand really as there will only be 3 in your deck apart from the one your using which gives you a chance just not a big one

Hewittzil said:

Most of the UK games shops operate a mail order service. When I was at Uni I used mail order extensively to sate my ccg fix.

Matt, since we're going to Worlds I'll make you aware of the following ruling: If you don't have the card you need in your hand, it's against the floor rules to have someone post it to you gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif

Lol I was thinking the same thng when I read the Mail Order bit Ross!

Speedsta said:

Crazy Elf said:

the problem is going to be getting a kazuyu in hand really as there will only be 3 in your deck apart from the one your using which gives you a chance just not a big one

Hewittzil said:

Matt, since we're going to Worlds I'll make you aware of the following ruling: If you don't have the card you need in your hand, it's against the floor rules to have someone post it to you gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif gran_risa.gif

Classic

Speedsta said:

Crazy Elf said:

Hewittzil said:

The finals are untimed.

Hewittzil said:

Speedsta said:

Crazy Elf said:

Hewittzil said:

The finals are untimed.

However I suspect Steve might go a bit spare if you keep him waiting for the post to be delivered on a Sunday...

B-Rad said:

Thanks Tall... Hmm if folks are using hotels in the area, there a chance we could potentially share accomidations to alieviate (word of the day folks) some of the costs for various folks? S'what we always do going to cons and crap over here.

B-Rad, I might be able to help you out there. I'll add you as a friend so I can email you about it.

ChaosChild said:

However I suspect Steve might go a bit spare if you keep him waiting for the post to be delivered on a Sunday...

Especially if they're being ordered between the USA and UK gui%C3%B1o.gif

....my decklist can read "My sideboard is any 8 cards currently available online" gran_risa.gif

Stupid question time.. Are Team Nats on the same weekend?

um no they have been planned for some covention later in the year (don't remember the name wasn't really awake at time)

That would be Game 09 , it's a three day convention running from Friday 16th October to Sunday 18th October in Manchester.

It's where I hosted the Epic Fail that was the Soul Calibur Nationals last year preocupado.gif

Since it's actually a tournament people care about this time, there should be a lot more people happy.gif

Speedsta said:

That would be Game 09 , it's a three day convention running from Friday 16th October to Sunday 18th October in Manchester.

It's where I hosted the Epic Fail that was the Soul Calibur Nationals last year preocupado.gif

Since it's actually a tournament people care about this time, there should be a lot more people happy.gif

Whee hoo! Team Nats in a place I can actually go to without trouble.

Now the small matter of finding a team...

Iv just been converted to mini block...

any chance of a mini block event at nats?

Theo

Theo said:

Iv just been converted to mini block...

any chance of a mini block event at nats?

Theo

Something for the Sunday for those of us who don't make top cut perhaps?

maybe...
dont seem to fair tho, id love to be in top cut but id also like to play i mini block tournie too.
oh well dont spose theres any other time for it.
cant have my cake AND eat it can i?

Theo

you could aways not make the top 8 on purpose so u can play in mini block gui%C3%B1o.gif

Tuesday said:

you could aways not make the top 8 on purpose so u can play in mini block gui%C3%B1o.gif

Knowing me there wont be any "on purpose" about it!

Any event I plan for the Sunday for those who don't make the top cut will be like that though dude, unless you fancy taking part in two events at once? gran_risa.gif

I had thought about a mini-block event, but I would rather do something a bit more quirky, a bit like the Gief Belt thang. If anybody has any cunning, and not too mental(!), ideas feel free to let me know. happy.gif

How bout a Patch Hat event? All we need is a hat, all thirteen patches and a seamstress (I'll do it for a cookie!) Who ever is current top of Swiss gets to wear the hat!

make that has to wear the hat. gran_risa.gif

if you feel creative you could make some strange rules for the hat wearer.

I demand an Iron Doughnut if I go 0 for whatever in my matches. At some old AoP's in Oshawa, we bought an actual doughnut (usually plain or just chocolate), let it sit out for two days, then spraypaint it gold and attach to a trophy base.

Heh as for other events... There's always "the cube" or a *shiver Legacy event...

Oh! For those that don't know what the cube is it's easy. I used to do it when me and a buncha my friends played Raw Deal. You take like 500-600 cards, and make one deck out of it. Have a select group of characters you can choose from, and then go!