Mysterious Boy

By Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto, in Gummi Garage

This is a Roxas Deck I have started to build. Waiting to get more cards so that I can put the finishing touches on the deck. Basically it is a "Safe" World runner.

Player:

Roxas LV 1

Equipment: (4)

2x Oblivion

2x Oathkeeper

Attack: (3)

1x Oblivion

2x Fairy Harp

Friends: (9)

1x Hayner

1xRai

1x Seifer

1x Olette

1x Pence

2x Fuu

2x Vivi

Nobody: (9)

3x Samurai

2xDusk

3x Assassin

1x Dragoon

Darks: (3)

1x Cerberus

1x Hydra

1x Hades

Magic: (3)

3x Cure

Worlds: (9)

2x Halloween Town LV1

1x Neverland Lv1

1x Wonderland Lv1

1x Monstro Lv1

1x Twilight Town Lv2

1x Traverse Town Lv2

1x Hallow Bastion Lv3

1x Twilight Town Lv3

Total Cards: 41

Simple, with Oathkeeper and oblivion, Roxas is a 10Atk. With Olette and 3 twilight town friends, he is a 15. Oblivion Attack will give him a 25, not including anyone battling with him. The worlds make it easy to get world to world to gain life. Halloween town will always work, since my darks are Villians. Cure to maintain life, and Fairy Harp to turn around a bad situation. only changes I would like to make is to get more twilight town friends, maybe 2 of each for the deck.

You might want to swap one of your Fuus for a Rai for the extra Support + Draw Power if Fuu is on the table.

Also, with Vivi or Olette on the table you get a magic value of 3, so you might want to consider running 2x Cure and 1x Cura, or something like that.

I built this deck off of my box, and getting all those SRs, as nice they were, and the number of cards in the set made it difficult to get Commons and uncommons. Planning to add in at least another Rai for good measures. I will think about the change into the Cura, since it is easy enough to get eather a vivi or olette out. I'll probably take out a Fuu at that time.

Just be aware of Darkside. He's a beast of a card for this deck.

Anyone runnin him can easily knock your board clean. It's the one reason I haven't made my Roxas deck a WR deck yet.

Its hard to make a Roxas as an agro, since there is the lack of support from cards. The only thing I have to worry about is if I am at or past 5 levels of worlds then, and hopefully I should be running mostly 1s and twos. The other reason why I want to run 2 of each friend. Thankfully too, if a darkside comes out, it will take only my friends to come back out with ollette and 2 other friends, and one other friend to take out the darkside. The deck should be edited by the end of this week again.

EDIT* Given I have my oathkeeper and oblivion for the darkside.

Monstro lvl 1 and Cerberus just devastate this types of decks.

It's true that Roxas decks, Axel decks, and Xaldin decks are all gimped beyond even the gimped-ness of Dark Decks, but whatever.

A cerberus and Monstro Lv1 would provide a bit of difficulty yes, but Roxas with an oblivion with any friends could take the cerberus. The most could be said about any decks and any card though.

not really since it would a) clear your field and b) roxas has a 8 card max he can use....either way other decks are more prepared for this.

I don't think Roxas would have to much difficulty, given that one, he starts with equipment, making him a 7. Him with the oblivion alone would take the Cerberus, and as for the 3 friends on Monstro, the great thing about Roxas is all his friends are lv 1 with the exception of Seifer, who is lv 2. I would like to see how Roxas fears against another deck before I call if it is really bad or not. Besides, the next set should help all of our Org. 13 friends.

At first I didn't know what Roxas was talking about, but then I took a second look at Cerberus and yeah... Monstro + being forced to play 3 Friend Cards in order to battle would clear your whole Friend Area. In set 3 that would be devastating, but in set4 it's so common that you might be able to recover from it. Maybe...

There sure is a lot of Friend Control in this set.

And yeah, Roxas could take Cerberus but... that doesn't change the fact that your friend zone has just been reset with many of your friends now in your discard pile.

As I get more packs,my friend count will change, probably to about 16. When that occurs, I wouldn't be too worried, just because all friends are lv 1, so I don't have to worry about getting a lv 2, 3, 0r 4 that I may not be able to use. I think that combo would be potentially more devistating to other decks.

Actually, just read Roxas again. He can actually take alot on his own. The Samuria Nobody gets +5 with Roxas, and since Roxas doesn't have the round down text, the samuria is a lv 1 12 support for you, or a 12pow Nobody to slow your opponent.

You got a good point there.

add.
more TT friends
more lvl 2 worlds (easier to defeat 2 dark cards then 9 on a lvl 3.
Disney castle lvl 1 (awesomeness)
ULTIMA WEAPON!!!

less.
take out the hades and hydra maybe pack a stealth sneak in case of a mirror match.
lvl 3 worlds
take out the fairy harp you dont need to win challenges so you shouldnt care to pack cards to help you win them.
you dont need monstro lvl 1 its bad enough mostly every opponent you face will have it so why should you reduce your own friends..
scratch out neverland lvl 1 and wonderland 1

other then that i like your chops lol.. i did have an idea for some metal chocobos so roxas could be a consistant 16 ATK but it does have its draw backs but i figured id express that idea to you if you like it to run with it. but yea roxas with attk cards are beastly. th only trouble i see him having are with cards like sneak and gargoyle.

With the release of Valor Form, WR probably will have to win a few challenges just to knock off the Valor Form now and then.

Sluppie said:

With the release of Valor Form, WR probably will have to win a few challenges just to knock off the Valor Form now and then.

But then doesn't it become Jack of All Trades? Thus putting the nail further into the WR coffin?

Done some edits. Problem though getting commons and uncommon twilight town friends. Here is the deck. Only fear, Stealth Sneak.

Roxas Lv1

Friends:

Rai x1
Fuu x2
Seifer x1
Vivi X2
Pence x1
Haynerx 1
Olettex 1

Attack:
Oblivion x1
Oathkeeper x1
Ultima Weapon x1

Equipment:
Oathkeeper x2
Oblivion x2

Magic:
Cure x2
Cura x2

Nobodies:
Samuria x3
Dusk x3
Assassin x3

Dark:
Cerberus x1
Hydra x1
Hades x1

Worlds:
Disney Castle x3
Halloween Town LV1 x2
Twilight Town Lv2 x3
Twilight Town Lv3 x1

Any opinions? As I said, Stealth sneak will be a problem, but what can you do?

I think in light of the current situation, the only way to play a Roxas deck is to go with lvl 1 worlds, such as Disney Castle 'n the sort. It may be a slow WR, but it'll be able to stand up to the dark cards that can't bombard it, then.

Yes, Stealth Sneak is an issue, one I've been searchin for a solution many times over, but haven't quite figured out an answer yet. I'll get there, though. I'm not givin up.

Choitz said:

I think in light of the current situation, the only way to play a Roxas deck is to go with lvl 1 worlds, such as Disney Castle 'n the sort. It may be a slow WR, but it'll be able to stand up to the dark cards that can't bombard it, then.

Yes, Stealth Sneak is an issue, one I've been searchin for a solution many times over, but haven't quite figured out an answer yet. I'll get there, though. I'm not givin up.

Maybe they'll get a magic card that can bounce heartless or reduce the maximum power like dumbo can. We can only hope. I'll try running the deck lots to see how it holds. I'll look into all Lv1 worlds too.

If you're going for the one level world racer, then it's not necessarily a bad idea to just retreat if you have to deal with the sneak. Not the best solution, but still.

While Kingdom Hearts is mostly devoid of deck-breaking cards, certain ones like Stealth Sneak really do limit your options for truly viable deck builds. Fun decks played with friends is fine, but really competitive decks are limited.

Take Lock, Shock and Barrel. Great theme, great synergy, but they only stick around if you use them in battles, which would mean they'd have to be used in a Dark WR deck...which are still super-gimped, even worse than Dark Aggro decks.

Cameron

The funny thing in competitive build, no one would expect a Roxas in the face. They all would expect a Sora agro most likely and prepare for it. Not little old Roxas running worlds. LOL.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

The funny thing in competitive build, no one would expect a Roxas in the face. They all would expect a Sora agro most likely and prepare for it. Not little old Roxas running worlds. LOL.

Which is fine, until you run into that person running stealth sneak, or who Monstro+Cerberus's you.

Fairbanks said:

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Which is fine, until you run into that person running stealth sneak, or who Monstro+Cerberus's you.

As I have said before, I could care less about the puppy. All my friends except Siefer are level 1, so I don't usually have to worry about cerberus and monstro. The deck can handle most except the sneaks. Once Roxas has two equipment, he is running for a 10. All he needs is a samuria with him to really dish out damage. Cave of Wonders is more of a threat in my opinion and stealth sneak.