Impressions of Fire form the Sky

By afilter, in Wings of War (WWII)

afilter said:

As for bombers if you look farther down on this page (same link as the other thread) you will see someone has done a B-17 card and manuever cards. AIR200 supposedly makes a 1/200 model. gui%C3%B1o.gif

http://cockpit-traditions.blogspot.com/search/label/dawn%20of%20war

Note: scroll past the first B-17 to see the manuever cards and English.

Air 1/200??? Don't you mean action 1/200? Or is there another 1/200 mark that is so close in name?

Action have a DC3, a Ju 88 and a Vickers wellington, but at least does not my regular store for action 1/200 have any B-17 and they are well stocked ( www.skytrex.com/ ), high prices for the freight however...

I know however that there are resin models of B-17, and some kind of plastic is better than pewter when we talk about something that big.

And yes, I guess a B-17 is a must for late war games over germany :)

Pour Le Merite said:

Air 1/200??? Don't you mean action 1/200? Or is there another 1/200 mark that is so close in name?

No, AIR200:

DSCN0821.jpg

The line is fairly limited right now, but expanding. Currently have most of the DoW fighters and a Val And Stuka. Dauntless is suppose to be coming soon. Nice models for $3.50 each for fighters and $6 for Dive bombers. I believe the B-17 lists for $17. All the models in my pics that are not the WoW models are handpainted AIR200 models.

Are the decales from the same company as the aircraft?

I found some pretty good 1/144 scale decales from a company called True North, which I think was just aquired by another company recently. But their decales are for scales close to and around 1/144, and some may even work on the 1/200 scale planes. Which, BTW, the decales you show pictured may very well work on some 1/144 scale planes too! happy.gif

kaufschtick said:

I found some pretty good 1/144 scale decales from a company called True North, which I think was just aquired by another company recently. But their decales are for scales close to and around 1/144, and some may even work on the 1/200 scale planes. Which, BTW, the decales you show pictured may very well work on some 1/144 scale planes too! happy.gif

Skytrex takes £3 pounds for decals enough for 3 planes ( www.skytrex.com/ ) in 1/200. They also have 1/144.

But I am curios, what does Air200s cost? And give us a link to the store please :)

Skytrex planes are more expensive (£5:50 each) but the action200 is a huge series with many planes. A mix of those, Wow planes and air 1/200 would probably mean we can get all the planes from the war, or at least almost, to play with :D

Pour Le Merite said:

kaufschtick said:

Skytrex takes £3 pounds for decals enough for 3 planes ( www.skytrex.com/ ) in 1/200. They also have 1/144.

But I am curios, what does Air200s cost? And give us a link to the store please :)

Skytrex planes are more expensive (£5:50 each) but the action200 is a huge series with many planes. A mix of those, Wow planes and air 1/200 would probably mean we can get all the planes from the war, or at least almost, to play with :D

The AIR200 planes cost $7 for a 2 pack of fighters and $6 for a single Val or Kate, The decals are I-95 they also do a variety of 1/44 these are 1/285 which are close enough for my needs.

The store I purchase from is local calle ""The Last Square" in Madison, WI. They now do quite a bit of online sales as well.

http://www.lastsquare.com/

HTH,

Aaron

afilter said:

The AIR200 planes cost $7 for a 2 pack of fighters and $6 for a single Val or Kate, The decals are I-95 they also do a variety of 1/44 these are 1/285 which are close enough for my needs.

The store I purchase from is local calle ""The Last Square" in Madison, WI. They now do quite a bit of online sales as well.

http://www.lastsquare.com/

HTH,

Aaron

Wow, nice store. They even import Skytrex red eagle serie for WW1 nuts, even though they are pretty expensive with them.

I also notice that Air and Action don't have the same planes only, so we can get some from one and others from the other store, that is nice. I have kinda a feeling that it will take a few years before Wow have made all the models....

Came back to play DoW this last Saturday as the boys get together for gaming nights here during the winter. Got to know if I should get this new set before the next game night in January and why? Comments please on what is good and what is not. One of the guys that got me into this game told me that the new box is not worth it so I would like others opinions.....Thanks.................BTW, SUP kaufschtick, how are ya brother?