New Alice vs. Old Alice

By Sluppie, in Rules Discussions

Now, the new Alice is a pretty powerful card. However, when I read the old card I noticed that the text was rather unclear.

To clarify, the new Alice card is basically a simba level 1 or 2 every turn, including your opponent's turn. The old Alice (the way I thought it worked) caused each player to discard a card during his/her own discard phase. This makes the new Alice a pretty ruthless friend-killer, while the "old" Alice took out more of your own friends than your opponent's.

Here's the exact text: "At the end of any player's Discard Phase, all players must choose and discard one Friend Card from their Friend Area."

Now here's my next point of evidence: depending on how you read the old Alice card, it COULD be read to mean the exact same thing as the new Alice.

My point: Was this the way Alice was supposed to be played all along? Should the old Alice be played just like the new one?

Also: If that's the case, am I the only one who made this mistake?

Sluppie said:

Yes.

Old Alice is same as New Alice.

Trothael said:

Sluppie said:

Yes.

No, the old Alice you had to discard at your end phase, not both players.

Yeah, I kinda thought it was like what Roxas said.

Also, someone else (I forget who) said something along the lines of "No matter what, you always lose more Friend Cards using Alice than your opponent does" or something along those lines. But that would only be true with the Old Alice. The New Alice is actually what I thought the Old Alice was at first, and thus I thought it was very powerful. But then I heard the other story and I was like "...Oh, I guess it's not that great then."

New Alice is a lot better...

Old Alice could cause you to discard a friend and then just be TIdus'd away.

Sluppie said:

Yeah, I kinda thought it was like what Roxas said.

Also, someone else (I forget who) said something along the lines of "No matter what, you always lose more Friend Cards using Alice than your opponent does" or something along those lines. But that would only be true with the Old Alice. The New Alice is actually what I thought the Old Alice was at first, and thus I thought it was very powerful. But then I heard the other story and I was like "...Oh, I guess it's not that great then."

That would have been me or Roxas_Lawliet, Sluppie.

Basically exactly what Ecomics21 just said.

Roxas said:

Trothael said:

Sluppie said:

Yes.

No, the old Alice you had to discard at your end phase, not both players.

O_O I've been doing it wrong...

Yeah, old Alice is weak. New Alice means you can play Simba level 4 (or Simba level 3 if you have Monstro) and follow up with New Alice. In one turn you can wipe out your opponent's whole Friend Area, and the only thing that could stop you would possibly be an Owl which could simply be Tidus'd.