King of Fighters XII

By ROTBI, in UFS Off Topic

Tager is great...if he was in another fighting game. However, BB is completely dominated by spacing, which is what the top characters do exceedingly well. V-13, Rachel, and Arukune have so much screen control, and Tagers so big that he's almost a play thing to them. With that said though, it should be pointed it that Tager was in the top 5 at this years evo, along with Hakumen and the winner was Noel. Though, I think this is mainly a case of insanely talented players who took people by surprise (who practiced against a good Hakumen?), and the balance needs a lot of retooling for the next installment. Then, again whens the last time the first installment in a fighting series was near perfect?

Bpet said:

Tager is great...if he was in another fighting game. However, BB is completely dominated by spacing, which is what the top characters do exceedingly well. V-13, Rachel, and Arukune have so much screen control, and Tagers so big that he's almost a play thing to them. With that said though, it should be pointed it that Tager was in the top 5 at this years evo, along with Hakumen and the winner was Noel. Though, I think this is mainly a case of insanely talented players who took people by surprise (who practiced against a good Hakumen?), and the balance needs a lot of retooling for the next installment. Then, again whens the last time the first installment in a fighting series was near perfect?

AN INTELLIGENT PERSON WHO KNOWS STUFF <3<3<3<3

Just to note, that the Noel was probably better than everyone at EVO. Qualified for SBO, lots of Japan practice living in Japan and all that...

I still this is the most crazyest thing i have seen in blazeblue.

I don't even play the game and I don't want to play against V-13 =/

So now we have 2 BlazBlue topics, is it?

guitalex2008 said:

No, we could talk about KOF Xll.

vmoney48 said:

guitalex2008 said:

No, we could talk about KOF Xll.

:)

From their Facebook page, Ignition stated that SNKP is already in testing for an improved netcode, and according to what seems to be a playtester who probably broke a non-disclosure agreement (lol) it plays like SF4. Which is nice because I barely ever lag on SFIV.

I've decided that my main team will be Elisabeth, Kim/Robert and Mature. Liz is just nasty, I swear.

My main team is Robert/terry/Ralf.

I just hate how they design Ralf, he took a little too much of that special drug.

im having trouble with my team I cant seem to find the best 3rd member for my team. My first two members are terry and joe and for the 3rd member ive been using shen woo and Leona but shen is nearly impossible to play correctly online and leonas moves are sometimes difficult to pull off in a tough situation. I think I'm gonna try ryo or maybe clark for a grappler.

I know Robert is going to end up on my team.

The rest though... I was thinking Kensou, but honestly I find him meh. I'll need to test out other characters, but Robert is gud. Kim, especially with midair Hienzan...

Robert, Kim and dunno who else.

Even then Kim is not even sure to be part of the team.

Right now, I'm running Terry , Ralf , and Clark , and it's doing OK, since the team is pretty versatile, but I have to hit Practice for a while, muscle memory for SFIV's input scheme still makes me do a full 360 when I want to throw someone... lengua.gif

For some reason Elisabeth eats Terry and Robert for breakfast, but has issues with Shen Woo, of all people. Go figure.

My friend George played me for a long while yesterday and could only beat Elisabeth when he picked Shen Woo... otherwise I'd predict and counter everything he threw at me. Since he can hold his punch move for any arbitrary amount of time, I can't counter it and get hit like an idiot. Now he also has a punch that is an uppercut as an anti-air...

On that note, anything you guys can tell me about how to play against Shen Woo? lol

his game is all close range all of his special moves can be turned into comboes but it is extremely hard to pull off the window for each combo on every move is like 1 frame. His moves can be charged so you have to watch out for that cause fully charged he can crumble your defenses kinda like ins SFIV with focus attacks.

Actually I was looking for more of a "matchup" advice.

Elisabeth has plenty of counter moves, but with Shen Woo being able to charge them for an indeterminate amount of time makes him a lot harder to predict. His uppercut also acts as an anti-air so she has almost no way to approach him, so I was looking for advice.

I was very pleased with the combat once I got the chance to play it. I don't have it yet but once I get a system for it it will be one of the first games I get for said system.

Usually I pick a team of Kyo, Leona and Athena.

guitalex2008 said:

Elisabeth has plenty of counter moves, but with Shen Woo being able to charge them for an indeterminate amount of time makes him a lot harder to predict. His uppercut also acts as an anti-air so she has almost no way to approach him, so I was looking for advice.

PRESS HIM. That's what I do with Ralf and Clark, and it works pretty well. Since he'll look to fool your counters with his indeterminate charges, get up in his grill and hit him.

LordAggro said:

guitalex2008 said:

PRESS HIM. That's what I do with Ralf and Clark, and it works pretty well. Since he'll look to fool your counters with his indeterminate charges, get up in his grill and hit him.

But yes, usually just beating up on him would work, but not with Elisabeth. All of her moves have ridiculously close range (all 2 of them lol, one is a special throw, and the other one knocks too far back on block).