New Planes

By afilter, in Wings of War (WWII)

I purchased a few of the WoW minis and then decided to try my hand at painting some 1/200 planes as well. I went with AIR200 planes and I-95 decals. The only mod I did was adding the post behind the cockpit with a small piece of styrene.

So far I painted a total of Six (2 Wildcats, 2 Zeros and 2 Spitfires). I still have a Val, 2 P-40s, 2 P-39s, and 4 ME109Es to paint.

I took pics of them with the WoW model for comparison. The WoW model is the one on the far left in all the pics.

Wildcats:
DSCN0832.jpg
DSCN0833.jpg

Zero:
DSCN0830.jpg
DSCN0831.jpg

Spitfire:
DSCN0828.jpg
DSCN0829.jpg

I am waiting for the Litko bases I ordered to arrive. I am also going to try washing them with "Army painter" to give them a bit more shadowing affect. There is alot of hidden detail in the mold.

Hope you like them,

Aaron

Fixed it for you...

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0833.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

Image posting is different here than most forums, you can't put in the tags babeo.gif llorando.gif

Plus there are size limits here as well.

Nice paint jobs - thanks for sharing them.

bsmith13 said:

Nice paint jobs - thanks for sharing them.

Yes, very nice indeed. I'd like to see the P-39s when you get around to them!

Sorry, but I just love WWII aircraft! corazon.gif I grew up surrounded by them. So close to Dayton and the Air Force Museum (still the largest military aviation museum in the world ) that it was several trips each and every year from the time I was about 6 or 7 years old, as well as having a father in the mist of building what is now about an 800+ number of 1/72 scale warplanes! Everything from the Wright Flyer to the B-2 Stealth Bomber. Hell, he is still going strong with that collection too, and he **** well may be up to 900+ models by now! It's the most amazing collection of models I have ever run across or heard of, just in sheer numbers alone it's impressive. Anyways...

I can't help pasting up a few pics of the ones of these I have in 1/144 scale as well, just to compare. happy.gif

144new018.jpg

144new020.jpg

closeups022.jpg

144new052.jpg

144new005.jpg

144new006.jpg

144new021.jpg

They look good on the new mats too!

144new058-1.jpg

144new064-1.jpg

Folks, if you want to show multiple large pics of your acft., for crying out loud, *DON'T* post the images directly to the Forum! I'm on a freaking broadband connection, and all the pics are bogging the connection!

csadn said:

Folks, if you want to show multiple large pics of your acft., for crying out loud, *DON'T* post the images directly to the Forum! I'm on a freaking broadband connection, and all the pics are bogging the connection!

I'm using photo bucket myself, and broadband as well. All the pics come through just fine for me, my pics as well as all others...

kaufschtick said:

I'm using photo bucket myself, and broadband as well. All the pics come through just fine for me, my pics as well as all others...

Verizon, and the load time varies between 30 seconds and three minutes; never mind having to scroll through three feet of pictures just to see the next message in the thread....

Aaron, those pics look great. What colors did you use for the zeros?

E

ejacobs said:

Aaron, those pics look great. What colors did you use for the zeros?

E

Thanks!

Nothing fancy going on here for paints. Actually for the most part I use acrylic craft paints (Wal-mart) with a few special military hobby colors ($0.79 per 2 oz bottle vs $2.99 per 1oz bottle).

For the Zeros I used a forrest green(?) light grey and dolphin grey (underside). Bright yellow for the leading edges. The roundels are 1-95 decals.

I have used the craft paints for years for model railroading and miniature wargaming. A bottle last a realy long time as long as you seal it when done.