Issue with Kairi Lv 2 and Selphie Lv 1 combo

By Fate5, in Rules Discussions

With these two cards on the Friend Area together, do you still need to play Kairi's guess which-card game effect while Selphie's on the field at the same time? Also, does Selphie overrides Kairi's effect and you just draw 2 cards? I'm not sure how the effects works with each other. ~.~'

You use Kairi's effect.

You discard due to Kairi's effect.

BEFORE you discard, Selphie's effect kicks in.

Instead of discarding, you draw 2.

And then you do the rest of the '"Guess Which Card" Game' effect.

Here's a somewhat related question:

How does Selphie work with Kairi level 1?

Do I... not have to discard Kairi in order to remove a dark card of my choice from my opponent's friend zone?

I believe Selphie's effect works only in conjunction with discarding a card from hand, not Friend Area.

I... could be wrong, you know...

Sluppie said:

Do I... not have to discard Kairi in order to remove a dark card of my choice from my opponent's friend zone?

Sluppie said:

You've seriously just pointed out the dumbest wording on a Kingdom Hearts TCG card yet.

If this card is in the same friend area with A Kairi card, when that Kairi card uses an effect do not discard 1 card to use that effect; you may instead draw 2 cards from your deck.

Why does it say A Kairi card...when it's obvious there's only the one that would require you to discard for its effect?

Maybe they intend to release new Kairis in the future?

But then it kinda seemed like they intended to come out with new Sea Neons except that now they've just replaced them with a better card. So... they aren't actually too great on their follow-through.