Auron v. Sephiroth?!

By sungtrs, in Rules Discussions

I'm thinking right now on which one would be best for aggro decks right now since the set4 came out, it gave ALOT more strategies than the previous sets and can now be used in a variety of ways....my question is:

Since there are cards that can get rid of your higher lvl friend cards, would it be best for you to have a big power house card that would die out after the challenge and removing a friend(Auron), or would it still be better for you to have Sephiroth on the field? Since your Player card also gains a big boost up on their attacks or so it would seem when the set4 came out...

I also don't think the Kingdom Key works like that JUST because it will just like screw Ansem over like that. I mean I feel sorry for him...it seems too good to be that way, and why did they make a set4 Ansem card then?!?! Still kind of trips me out but hey, Ansem's pretty cool lol and also it would discourage us to use high lv friends (Riku lv3 v. Sora lv1 or Sora lv3 v. Sora lv1, etc.) or is that the purpose of it? I'm still confused on what the Kingdom Key card does despite of what everyone is saying(JUST because it would just mutilate Ansem like a cow in a meat factory. I would agree with everyone if this wasn't the case...). They also boosted Dark cards up alot, so I know there would be more dark players out there...I think :D

This doesn't seem like a Rules question... More of a deck-building question. But here's my comment.

The answer I'd give you to the first one is this: run both. And then use Auron to get rid of your opponent's Sephiroth.

And as for Kingdom Key vs. Ansem well... the only thing I can say about that is this:

You have two choices for playing Ansem:

A) Use HP restoring cards to give yourself an HP boost so that you can survive the first hit.

B) Never, ever, ever lose a challenge to anyone playing Kingdom Key.

Good luck trying to pull either of those off for a whole match.

Oh yeah thanx! Yeah sorry I was confused where to post this thread at XD

pack the new stop card and hope they never get out phil :) lol.

LOL, well Phils will b a killa, but I'm going to make my deck revolving around....preventing Phil!...seriously, I looked at some set4 cards along with like Parasite Cage, and that heartless card that acts like alice, etc...but if there is a heartless card that is similar to Simba lv3...Monstro would be apart of dark deck as well...as long as the level issue isnt really that much of a bother since they did made it bit ezier with the bit sniper's effect :D but it would be interesting to test it out >.> lol

just run Jack Sparrow and remove them...

well that was why I was thinking on running aurons than sephiroth, since auron does one of the big one hits and destroys ur opponent's friends after you win lol. That way Jack won't be able to kill off auron, unless I just leave him on the field like sephy XD but iono theres pros n cons of both auron n sephy so ima think more on this and see what everyone thinks about it lol

You've actually made a good case to me about why Auron is better than Sephiroth (I was on the fence)

Auron will come out huge, hit hard and take a friend with him when he leaves, not staying on the board long enough for Captain Jack to nab him...where as Sephirtoh could be easily overcome now with Equipment like Oblivion and Oathkeeper and the longer he sits then the larger that Target on his chest gets for Captain Jack...If your gonna run a level 4...run Auron. Sephiroth may be dead.

Which is why we also have new Cloud control (my big, black three-headed poochie!).

P.S. Monstro 1 + Cerberus!? Yea!!!!

Broadway_Punk said:

P.S. Monstro 1 + Cerberus!? Yea!!!!

Another reason WR is dead. lol.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

R.I.P. WR

We hardly abused thee.

I'm still one for teching in one or two Sephiroths.

I'd play both since Jack Sparrow could be gone by then if you hit Sparrow for Sparrow (though unlikely) or Simba him. Sephiroth is just big and bad and combos well with Auron if taken out.

Sora_Yagami said:

just run Jack Sparrow and remove them...

WIN!! - So much nicer and more consitant to just build up to lvl 3!!! This card is a win, and one I don't think I even read when I first opened it :P silly me

WayToTheDawn said:

You've actually made a good case to me about why Auron is better than Sephiroth (I was on the fence)

Auron will come out huge, hit hard and take a friend with him when he leaves, not staying on the board long enough for Captain Jack to nab him...where as Sephirtoh could be easily overcome now with Equipment like Oblivion and Oathkeeper and the longer he sits then the larger that Target on his chest gets for Captain Jack...If your gonna run a level 4...run Auron. Sephiroth may be dead.

Okay yeah thanx Dawn, I was thinking about it lol. But if I was going to run Sephy's, I would not really run Jacks because of the fact that if my opponent runs heavily on jacks (which I think everyone will do) it's useless on using jack when I have a seph on the field since it would be discard anyways XD(unless they are using Auron...but hey who knows >.>).

Removal with power to boot>>>>overcosted big guy